Your Hanley Ramirez expectations.

He is pretty much meeting my expectations, but I had HIGH expectations for him. I didn't expect him to strikeout as much as he did, and I thought his D would be a bit more consistent.

On the positive side, he has hit the ball well to all fields, which suprised me a bit. And, I was suprised how he got off to such a great start. I figured he'd be working his way UP to a .280ish average, not down.

He is definitely an exciting player.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Offensively, he has surpassed all my expectations. Prior to acquiring him, all the scouting reports said that he was a toolsy player that wasn't living up to the hype in the Boston system. Before spring training I thought he would struggle for a roster spot, but then he had that monster spring. I was impressed, but still expected him to fall off during the regular season. A month in, he's still hitting, and what's more, he's recently been hitting in some pretty clutch situations.

Defensively, I was expecting a little more, but I guess that's improving. He seems to have been more sure-handed the last couple weeks. Maybe his beginning struggles came from rookie jitters.

Overall, though, he has been very very impressive, and I'm looking forward to watching him progress further.

Hanley is exceeding all expectations. There was great controversy during Spring Training as to whether Hanley needed more grooming at lower levels before being promoted to the bigs. He has certainly dispelled these thoughts and is showing he is ready to start at this level. His patience at the plate is astounding for a 22 year old. So far he is the best pick-up we made this off-season.

i was hoping for .270, and a lot of K's.--he's been a pleasent surprise so far..hope he keeps it up. i thought his defense would be erratic-which it is. i thought he'd have good speed which he has. all in all i think his average will start to decline in the second half of the season. i'd love to see him stay where he's at right now, but i think pitchers will start to discover and hit his weaknesses. he's gonna have to make adjustments.

I never really attached any expectations to Hanley, but if I had he would have exceeded them. Even though he has had numerous miscues, call them rookie mistakes, his overall ability and range in the field is pretty impressive and something I didn't expect.