Trader Jack to blame

Fish Fillet

anyway Chad Fox has been great for us.... it wasnt a bad move....

Ummm, wasn't a bad move? Go take a look at the box score and tell me who the losing pitcher was.

Look, Fox is a good arm out of the bully, and I'm not making an indictment against him for giving up a HR to one of the premier power hitters in the NL. All I'm saying is that UU was brought here for this type of situation, he has performed magnificently in the past in this type of situation, and he should of been pitching in this particular situation today.

Ummm, wasn't a bad move? Go take a look at the box score and tell me who the losing pitcher was.

Look, Fox is a good arm out of the bully, and I'm not making an indictment against him for giving up a HR to one of the premier power hitters in the NL. All I'm saying is that UU was brought here for this type of situation, he has performed magnificently in the past in this type of situation, and he should of been pitching in this particular situation today.

what would have happened if UUU gives up a bomb to Thome and then you find out how Thome "owns" UUU?

you would have bitched & moaned about what a dumb move it was

Fox didn't get the job done THIS time. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been out there, which means it's not a bad move. Maybe it's not a good move (nobody said it was) but it certainly wasn't the wrong one. It was certainly looking damn good when Thome was down 0-2. Maybe this is Chad Fox's fault for throwing the bad pitch, not McKeon's for having him out there. All I think we're saying is there's plenty of reasons to support the logic for Fox being in there. It's easy to say it's a bad move now, but then anytime a closer blows a game you could say it was a bad move to have them in there.

And if we only have one set-up guy we can trust, we've got a problem.

I don't know what anyone else who watched the game thinks but I lay the blame, if blame should be laid anywhere, on Lee and not Chad Fox. Giving up that homerun to Thome was almost preordained. No one in the NL has more homers, he's a terrific competitor, had Lee allowed Castillo to make the play instead of trying himself, Thome's HR would have been meaningless.

Watch the replays, I think you'll see that Luis is right there, and he has a much better angle on the ball, in fact he has to get out of Lee's way, he's right under him. There were two outs, that out would have left us with a two run lead.

That's where the game was lost. It wasn't Dontrelle, it wasn't Fox, if it was anyone it was Lee.

but then anytime a closer blows a game you could say it was a bad move to have them in there

Good point. Except for the fact that it wasn't a closer, or an ex-closer with a 1.11 ERA who led the AL in saves when he was dealt for.

Why have Urbina at all then?

And if we only have one set-up guy we can trust, we've got a problem

Funny, I haven't noticed a problem at all since the Urbina pickup.

The move to keep Ugi in the pen was alright. Fox had only made one pitch and remember, it was a tie game at the time...we might have needed as many arms in the bullpen as possible. If we had the lead, I'm sure it would have been Urbina. Sucks tremendously that we lost, but 6-4 down the stretch should still get us in.

didn't see it on tv, only radio.....what about the pop fly down the line that Lee couldn't catch? could he have caught that?

I would have liked to see UU in there only because it was Thome at the plate. Urbina was probably going to pitch the 8th anyway if they still had the lead, so why not use him for one extra batter in the 7th?

Oh well, I didn't really have a problem with McKeon using Chad Fox though, he's been solid.