Hillary quote....

WildMarlinMan2003

Can any honest human actually believe this????

New York Senator Hillary Clinton has begun the process of trying to re-invent herself for the 2008 Presidential Campaign. The National Review is reporting on comments she made to Light the Lamp!, the monthly newsletter of the Holy Flame Pentecostal Church of Little Rock, Ark.

I'm here spending time at my husband's library," she told the Lamp when we caught up with her after a Sunday camp meeting, "and of course, I always take time to worship God in as evangelical a way as is feasible, given time and location constraints. As you know, I consider myself an evangelical Christian, really a Christian conservative, if you want to know the truth, so it's nice to be 'home' again in the South, which I really consider my quote-unquote home even though I live in New York most of the time. Well, Washington, D.C., most of the time, actually, but if I'm not there I'm in New York, of course, but always thinking about being here, in the South, my spiritual home, where I shared so many wonderful evangelical . . . moments and . . . events. Can you read that back to me?"

If Hillary is a Christian conservative what does that make George Bush? I hope there a really few people who believe one word of this garbage.

New York Senator Hillary Clinton has begun the process of trying to re-invent herself for the 2008 Presidential Campaign. The National Review is reporting on comments she made to Light the Lamp!, the monthly newsletter of the Holy Flame Pentecostal Church of Little Rock, Ark.

I'm here spending time at my husband's library," she told the Lamp when we caught up with her after a Sunday camp meeting, "and of course, I always take time to worship God in as evangelical a way as is feasible, given time and location constraints. As you know, I consider myself an evangelical Christian, really a Christian conservative, if you want to know the truth, so it's nice to be 'home' again in the South, which I really consider my quote-unquote home even though I live in New York most of the time. Well, Washington, D.C., most of the time, actually, but if I'm not there I'm in New York, of course, but always thinking about being here, in the South, my spiritual home, where I shared so many wonderful evangelical . . . moments and . . . events. Can you read that back to me?"

If Hillary is a Christian conservative what does that make George Bush? I hope there a really few people who believe one word of this garbage.

plagiarism: The false presentation of someone else's writing as one's own. In the case of copyrighted work, plagiarism is illegal.

http://www.brochure-design.com/brochure-de...hing-terms.html

plus who are we to say what religion she is or how religious she is.

Hillary is an evangelical christian?

Yeah.......... and i'm Richard Simmons :lol

i guess you know how hilary thinks?

Definition

?Evangelicals? meet the born again criteria plus seven other conditions. Those include saying their faith is very important in their life today; believing they have a personal responsibility to share their religious beliefs about Christ with non-Christians; believing that Satan exists; believing that eternal salvation is possible only through grace, not works; believing that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth; asserting that the Bible is accurate in all that it teaches; and describing God as the all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect deity who created the universe and still rules it today. Being classified as an evangelical is not dependent upon church attendance or the denominational affiliation of the church they attend. Respondents were not asked to describe themselves as ?evangelical.?

How Many

* 7% of the population are evangelicals. (2005)

* There are approximately 14-16 million evangelical adults. (2005)

Profile (2004)

* 31% of evangelicals are college graduates (which is higher than the national average of 21%). (2005)

* 77% are married (2005)

* 41% have children under 18 living in their household (2005)

* more than three out of four 85% are white (2005)

* In 2004 -62%- and 2002 -58%- a majority are affiliated with the Republican Party (2004)

* a majority, 88% are likely to vote. (2004)

* 84% are registered to vote. (2004)

* 42%of all evangelicals live in the South (2005)

* 44% are Baby Boomers (2005)

Who?

* 6% of registered Democrats and 5% of registered Independents are evangelical Christians compared to 14% of registered Republicans. (2004)

Self-Descriptions

* 96% define themselves as "deeply spiritual" compared with the national average of 61% (2004)

* 66% of evangelicals describe themselves as ?mostly conservative? when it comes to political and social issues (compared to 32% of adults nationwide), 25% describe themselves as somewhere in between (compared to 49% of adults nationwide), and none call themselves liberal (compared to 13% of adults nationwide). (2004)

* 77% of evangelicals are married. (2005)

Lifestyles (2004)

* Of the five faith segments (evangelicals, non-evangelical born again Christians, notional Christians, adherents of non-Christian faiths, and atheists/agnostics), evangelicals were the most likely to do each of the following:

* discuss spiritual matters with other people.

* volunteer at a church or non-profit organization.

* discuss political matters with other people.

* discuss moral issues and conditions with others.

* stop watching a television program because of its values or viewpoints.

* go out of their way to encourage or compliment someone.

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Topic&TopicID=17

She can claim whatever religion she wants and I don't care. But when one of the most liberal people in the Senate starts claiming to be a Christian Conservative, that I have a problem with...

Last I checked you can be very religious and be part of the democratic party.

Since when did only Republicans have the right to believe within the faith?

Do I like her? No

Would I vote for her? No

Would I respect her choice of religion? Yes

I am Catholic and currently registered within the democratic party. I find it very offensive that you believe that because she is "liberal" she can not be religious as well.

She can claim whatever religion she wants and I don't care. But when one of the most liberal people in the Senate starts claiming to be a Christian Conservative, that I have a problem with...

a term like chrisitan conservative and republican do not go hand in hand nor are they interchangable i would hate to tell you. neither is the christian right they are all different things. all a christian conservative is someone who promotes their religion which she is doing here and someone who really stands by it and believes it and how do we know what she does or doesnt believe.

some interesting polls numbers for born again christians from a non-profit christian group:

9% of born agains are for legal abortions in all cases

14% are for legal abortions with legal stipulations

only 34% think abortions should be illegal in all cases

only 66% of born agains find homosexuality as "unacceptable"

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Ba...arnaUpdateID=94

there is wiggle room in all religions. not every christian thinks one way, not every jew thinks another, etc.

Why do you care? This has nothing to do with Bushs beliefs.

as a resident of New York when she was elected I find it offense how she kept trying to spin what "home" is

Yeah, its a little wierd. I for one don't want to see her run for President. That would do a lot more harm to the Democrats than good.

I agree.

I'm guessing that this is another attempt by her to move a little further to the right, which she has been doing a lot lately.