Star players to hit with pink bats Sunday

Pink bats are part of fund-raiser for cancer foundation

Associated Press

Updated: May 9, 2006, 10:53 PM ET

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Hulking Jim Thome. Rugged Manny Ramirez. Brawny Adam Dunn.

"The thought of these big macho men, swinging pink bats to help women with breast cancer ... what a novel idea," Louisville Slugger president John Hillerich said Tuesda

Derek Jeter, David Eckstein and Marcus Giles are among dozens of players who intend to try them Sunday. This is the first time pink has been approved for bats -- dyed at the Louisville Slugger factory, they're usually black, brown, reddish or white.

More than 400 bats were being made for 50-plus players. David Ortiz, Jim Edmonds, Mark Teixeira, Michael Young and Hank Blalock were also on the list.

[More in URL]

:notworthy

Jeter and A-rod have been waiting for this day.

For real though this is a great thinig to do for a great cause. It would be friggin hilarious if Bonds hit 714 with one of those suckers.

:lol ....that would be funny. i can see bonds sporting a pink helmet and elbow guard too..

I bet Mike Piazza already has a rack full of pink bats.

dream come true, HAHAHAHAH!

For real though this is a great thinig to do for a great cause. It would be friggin hilarious if Bonds hit 714 with one of those suckers.

:lol ....that would be funny. i can see bonds sporting a pink helmet and elbow guard too..

Bonds won't use it, I highly doubt he would, what do you guys think?

His would be clear.

Well Griffey hit 500 wearing the baby blue wristband on his arm. This wouldn't be that much different.

His would be clear.

..to match his steroids

saw matt treanor on TV using a pink bat in BP ..they looked pretty wicked. anyone see that hot pink bat? wonder if anyone will use something that drastic