I'm sorry but this is just depressing. Sort of at least

I understand that pretty much every MLB team loses big stars from year to year, but look at this:

C Ivan Rodriguez

1B Derek Lee

2B Luis Castillo

SS Edgar Renteria

3B Miguel Cabrera*

LF Cliff Floyd

CF Juan Pierre

RF Gary Sheffield

SP Josh Beckett

SP AJ Burnett

SP Dontrelle Willis*

SP Matt Clement

RP Todd Jones

RP Armando Benitez

Also.....

C Paul Loduca

C Charles Johnson

1B Carlos Delgado

SS Alex Gonzalez

3B Mike Lowell

OF Jeff Conine

P Brad Penny

And probably more that I'm forgetting just off the top of my head. Kind of sad.

Why must someone always start a topic like this just about every other week? did you just realize that we got rid of all these guys?

we're a small market team - all this shows is we have been blessed with good management with D.D. and Beinfest. Plenty of teams out there are in similar boats - do you see Oakland fans whining every week that they lost Mulder? Hudson? Giambi? Tejada? etc. etc?

get over it already!

Sheff's a personal fave, so that's one I'd love to have a do-over on, but really, I think if you ask anyone in the organization, they'll tell you the only regret they have is the whole Lee/Pudge fiasco. To do what they did and then come away with neither will always be, to me, the biggest screw-up in franchise history.

If they could just take a mulligan on that Beinfestball beauty, I can't even imagine how much more positive the effects would have been.

Why must someone always start a topic like this just about every other week? did you just realize that we got rid of all these guys?

we're a small market team - all this shows is we have been blessed with good management with D.D. and Beinfest. Plenty of teams out there are in similar boats - do you see Oakland fans whining every week that they lost Mulder? Hudson? Giambi? Tejada? etc. etc?

get over it already!

WE ARE NOT A SALL MARKET TEAM ! :banghead Any team that has 5 million population is NOT SMALL.

get over it already!

WE ARE NOT A SALL MARKET TEAM ! :banghead Any team that has 5 million population is NOT SMALL.

No. but we are sMall market.

Our budget has never been in the top half of the majors, and our attendance has been maybe once or twice.

You forgot Craig Counsel, Preston Wilson, Al leiter, Mike Redmond, Ramon Castro, Matt Perisho..... any ways when we get the stadium done these new guys which will be future stars will be kept for a long time as Marlins.

Perisho??????????????

If we kept Clement, then we wouldn't have D-Train.

that's true..a lot of the players mentioned were traded and we received other players in return. clement never really pitched well for us anyway. :confused

When we traded them who did we get in return? That is the biggest thing.

someone mentioned kevin brown..who was traded for D. Lee. if we hadn't traded him derrek would of been playing 1B for the padres and not for us

get over it already!

The market for baseball is small. Hence: Small market.

The market for baseball is small. Hence: Small market.

I disagree with that characterization as well. This is potentially a very large market with the right ownership that has vision, a new stadium and competitive team.