what the f*** is up with direct tv?

HanleyDavidson

Any of the games that were originally supposed to be on PAX this year were moved to the FSN/Sun Sports Alt Channel (channel 635) on DirecTV. With the increased cost of showing these games, DirecTV decided to make this channel available only on the Plus or Premier packages. I wrote a thread about this recently (http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...=1&t=60849&st=0). Here is the response I got from DirecTV regarding this:

"Thanks for writing. I understand your concern about paying more to be able to watch the Florida Marlins games. A total of 95 Florida Marlins regular games in 2006 are scheduled on FSN Florida (ch 634) for customers with Total Choice. This year, DIRECTV reached an agreement with FSN Florida to offer an additional 49 games previously broadcast by last year's rights holder: WPXM in Miami and WPXP in Palm Beach, FL. These games are available on FSN Florida/Sun Sports Alternate 1 (ch 635) to customers with Total Choice Plus programming packages and above.

Because sports is some of the most expensive programming we offer, we made a business decision to make these additional games available only in Total Choice Plus. For only $5 more, you can upgrade your DIRECTV base package from Total Choice to Total Choice Plus. This gives you an additional 34 channels and will allow you to view up to 150 Florida Marlins games this season on your local RSN.

This does not impact the regular 95 Florida Marlins games that are still available to Total Choice customers in 2006 on FSN Florida (ch 634)."

still thats not fair I believe this is a conspiracy to make us go out to the ballpark to waste our money to watch this team lose and get nowhere this year.

:plain

dont mind going to the stadium although it does get expensive ... but to pay an extra fee to see a south florida team in south florida is an outrage

looks like I wont be watching many games at all again

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Does anyone else have Direct TV and have to watch games on channel 635 now? Any idea why this change was made from 634 FSN? I don't get 635 - that is why I am asking.

I appreciate any info anyone has on this.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

Didn't see this topic when I started a new one on the subject - thanks for the info everyone - at least we can watch the regular FSN games on the dish - I'll just have to skip the old PAX games I guess!

jesus christ its $5.00

save yourself a f***ing happy meal and watch the marlins 49 more times. Its 9.8 cents a game more lol and how many of you are actually paying for this?

Not to mention the other 30 or so channels you get...jeez it's only $5.00 bucks a month.

Give me a break.