Another Strong Outing By JJ

PBCMarlinsFan

Josh Johnson once again put in a strong performance, giving up no earned runs over six innings tonight, striking out four and giving up no walks. He also ended the Marlins losing streak at home. This was a great win for the team and hopefully they will build on it with a few more wins.

It is hard to say what the Marlins record would be if he had been in the rotation from the get-go, but I am glad that he is in there now.

Wow, I could definitely stand to see a few more games like that.

Josh Johnson was very strong tonight. Only allowed 4 hits, 2 of which were broken bat bloopers & another one Hammer nearly caught. NO walks, NO earned runs.

Nolasco continues to build a nice resume & make his case to join the rotation. (Although it's nice having an arm like that in the pen...)

Everyone was hitting too. Cabs, Uggla, Shadez, Borchard, Jake, Abe... great stuff.

:thumbup

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Dear Marlins Rotation,

See what happens when you throw strikes?

Signed,

FlumLum

PS Great all around effort tonight. Miggy with 4 hits, Uggla with 3, Jacobs showed up strong (and looks to be finding his stroke), and Borchard also had a good night. Let's keep it up, and win our first three game series with Dontrelle on the mound tomorrow!

Guest Juanky

Great game by JJ. Hopefully the offense can keep on chugging for a while.

If it weren't Hammer deciding to spear Kool Aid in the OF, would have been a complete shutout for Johnson. Instead he gets no earned runs.

Guest CrimsonCane

We really needed a good performance out of JJ tonight, and he gave it to us.

Hopefully, we'll see more games like this in the future and less like the preceding 11 home games.

Great game by JJ....i was sitting right behind the Braves dugout for the game (free tickets)....he was in command all night and the offense woke up today. I mean when Willy made that error in the 2nd i was like oh no here we go again, but then Jake answered in the bottom of the 2nd and the flood gates opened.

Miggy blast was way out there over the clock tower....and Bochard was a nice suprise in the 8th with his bomb...

I needed this win!

Now if we can get Moehler to go to the pen. He is usually OK if he pitches one or two innings.

Our rotation if I were the manager: Willis, Johnson, Nolasco, Mitre, Olsen.

I would remind Olsen and Mitre that Petit and Pinto are probably dying to switch places with them.

I needed this win!

Now if we can get Moehler to go to the pen. He is usually OK if he pitches one or two innings.

Our rotation if I were the manager: Willis, Johnson, Nolasco, Mitre, Olsen.

I would remind Olsen and Mitre that Petit and Pinto are probably dying to switch places with them.

Mitre has been pretty strong...

Johnson (3-2), who threw nearly 70 percent of his pitches for strikes, credited his control for his success.

''It was just there all night,'' he said. ``It felt good. After the first batter, the first two pitches, I was like, `Whoa.'

That's got to be an amazing feeling for a pitcher, when you know even after one or two batters, that you've got your good stuff working tonight.

:thumbup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.