If Cabrera played a full season . . .

miami15

would be one of the best rookie seasons in awhile. only guy's who i can think of who have hit better in there rookie season is Albert Pujols, and Mark Mcgwire.

Actually there's quite a few that've been better this year. With the way Mr. Miami figured out Cabrera's stats, Gerut would be-

.281 BA

40 2B

3 3B

29 HR

.336 OBP (higher than Miggy)

Scott Podsednik's rookie year has been better than that would be.

Wow...never heard of that guy and he is having an awesome rookie year...oh but wait! You do realize Cabrera is 20 compared to Gerut's 25...huge difference and not even comparable to what Cabs is doing at his age. The power can only go up and you hope the plate discipline gets better. His range is somewhat average in the OF and arm is strong, but at third he looks above average with a cannon arm.

cabrera is clutch: he drives in a lotta runs

and i did do cab's stats for a full year, last week, but he has had another excellent week so i liked to refresh people's memories.

the most important thing is Cabrera started off slow, he didn't hit home runs like this month's pace, and he is only 20 !!!

You can't judge RBI's with Gerut, not with the lineup around him. I get stuck watching the Tribe a lot up here and he's going to be a star, if the team gets good again.

Hey Big Hugg are you an Ali G fan?

yes

how would you rank it in importance among HR, OBP, SLG, batting avg?

You can't judge RBI's with Gerut, not with the lineup around him. I get stuck watching the Tribe a lot up here and he's going to be a star, if the team gets good again.

Ya its mostly a lineup dependent and lineup position stat...it has nothing to do with skill...i guess i can never get juanky to distrust the media and think for himself. :(

how would you rank it in importance among HR, OBP, SLG, batting avg?

Ya its mostly a lineup dependent and lineup position stat...it has nothing to do with skill...i guess i can never get juanky to distrust the media and think for himself. :(

RBI vs HR = RBI

RBI vs SLG = SLG (Total Bases = Best stat ever)

RBI vs OBP = Push (depends on where in the lineup the hitter hits)

And if you truly knew me, you would recogznie the farcity of your last statement.

i think rbi are very important(and risp avg)

but thats just me i guess

Can you give any reason why its important? Would you rank it ahead of OBP, SLG, HR, etc? I know you've read and seen some of the sabr stuff out there...still not cracking the surface? Whatever this argument is a lost cause anyway. Preston Wilson must be the BEST player in basball then!

how would you rank it in importance among HR, OBP, SLG, batting avg??

Ya its mostly a lineup dependent and lineup position stat...it has nothing to do with skill...i guess i can never get juanky to distrust the media and think for himself.? :(

RBI vs HR = RBI

RBI vs SLG = SLG (Total Bases = Best stat ever)

RBI vs OBP = Push (depends on where in the lineup the hitter hits)

And if you truly knew me, you would recogznie the farcity of your last statement. I just cant take you as a logical person then if you rank RBI's ahead of HRs...just insanity. Im done with this argument.

Hrs are not more important than RBIs for a simple reason. RBIs are the totals that get placed on the scoreboard (along with unearned runs, of course), not homers. Homers for the most part have become not more than spectacle.

Let me pose it this way: Would you rather have a two-run single or a 450 foot solo shot?