I love baseball

Lefty

Baseball is so fun to watch just as sports because anything can happen.

Right, as opposed to the 'timed' games (basketball, football, etc) a team can come back from any deficit on any given night no matter how badly they are losing.

Baseball is so fun to watch just as sports because anything can happen.

Right, as opposed to the 'timed' games (basketball, football, etc) a team can come back from any deficit on any given night no matter how badly they are losing.

I bring that up all the time to people. It's the only one of the major team sports where you're not fighting against a clock, only your opponent. I love that about baseball.

Another thing is the amount of penalties/fouls/infractions, etc, that really frustrate me about other sports are kept to a minimum in baseball.

In the NBA a referee can really control the game. If he wants to call every ticky-tack foul the game slows to a crawl and there is no flow. Same in the NFL, where you could call holding or pass interference on virtually every play. And don't even get me started on hockey. In baseball the umpire does have to call balls & strikes which is certainly vital to the game, and yes that's subjective, but it's rare that a bad call blows the entire game. And yes the umpires call safe/out plays on the bases, etc, but you get my point. In baseball it's almost entirely left up to the players. There will always be bad calls, but the lack of any "routine penalties" in baseball is one of the things I love about the game.

*moved to MLB*

My life is a barren wasteland from November to February.

:geek

Im kidding to some extent but sometimes I wonder what the hec I do with my free time during the doldrum months of winter.

yeah... every day during the winter, i thought "i cant wait for baseball season to start"... maybe ill start VCR recording some games :mischief2

Im kidding to some extent but sometimes I wonder what the hec I do with my free time during the doldrum months of winter.

Well your social life will now be a barren wasteland for the full 12 months of the year thanks to that baby.

:thumbup

God I love this thread...

No sport is as smart and intricate and thought-provoking as baseball...

Every other sport is "easy" for the players...in baseball, you fail 7 out of 10 times and youre considered a successful hitter...because hitting is HARD...in basketball...the team scores like 50 shots a game...cause for them, its relatively easy...

I can go on and on...but i wont...

I Live For This :thumbup

Well your social life will now be a barren wasteland for the full 12 months of the year thanks to that baby.

Tell me about it dude. Had another "No Sleep Fest" last night.

At least I have a West Coast Fish game on tonight to keep me and the tiniest Fish fan company.

:baby

:lol

At least I have a West Coast Fish game on tonight to keep me and the tiniest Fish fan company.

Congrats on the new addition to your family :thumbup .

I absolutely LOVE baseball. When I was in Elementary school I used to rush home to watch the Cubs play on WGN at 2:20pm. School got out at 2pm. It was something that was easy to watch but kept me on my toes the whole game. Anything can happen. Unlike football when you are down by 2 touchdowns with 4 minutes to go you are unlikely to win but in baseball when you are down by 2 runs its pretty easy to come back. Nobody is ever out of the game. Watching baseball makes me happy. Except when the Marlins lose :p .

Announcer: 'Ball 4 to Bonds'

The 'tiniest Fish fan': :crying

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.