Wife Accuses Michael Strahan of Having an Affair with a Man

Junior

http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2006/0621strahan.htm

By Cyd Zeigler jr.

The wife of New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan coyly accused her husband of having an extramarital affair with another man, TV doctor Ian Smith, in their divorce proceedings on Tuesday, the New York Daily News is reporting.

"Michael moved into Ian's one-bedroom apartment," Jean Strahan said, according to the Daily News. "And you can say an alternative lifestyle sprouted." Her lawyer then stopped her before she could elaborate, the Daily News reports.

Both Robert Penza, Michael Strahan's attorney, and Smith denied a sexual relationship between Smith and Strahan.

After her client made the claim, Ellen Marshall, Jean Strahan's lawyer, seemingly tried to back away from the suggestion of a homosexual relationship between the two men.

"I don't think she's making a definitive allegation," Marshall, said, according to the Daily News. "Couples have private squabbles. This is one of them."

The divorce proceedings have been splashed across the front pages of the New York tabloids and has blown into a public spectacle. Both sides have accused the other of going on reckless shopping sprees; and on Monday, Jean Strahan was reported to have broken down during some of her husband's testimony.

Smith is best-known as a regular contributor on ABC's "The View" and VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club." He also writes a medical column for Men's Health.

On Tuesday, Smith seemed to claim that, because he is a "happily married man," it was impossible for him to have been in a sexual relationship with Strahan. However, not only are the cases of married men having sex with one another well-documented, but it has become so common among black men that it even has a name - "the down low."

Books like J.L. King's On the Down Low: A Journey into the Lives of "Straight" Black Men Who and Keith Boykin's Beyond the Down Low have debunked the notion that sex between two married black men who consider themselves "straight" is impossible. The "down low" lifestyle is generally faulted for the rise in the HIV-contraction rate within the black community.

Strahan is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and owns the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5.

:o

Guest Fritz

Maybe they are having marital problems and she is making false claims to bolster a potential pending divorce or out of spite. Hmmmmm.

Nah. No way a woman would do something like that.

Silly me.

On the other hand, we all know that professional athletes never cheat on their wives.

Maybe they are having marital problems and she is making false claims to bolster a potential pending divorce or out of spite. Hmmmmm.

Nah. No way a woman would do something like that.

Silly me.

On the other hand, we all know that professional athletes never cheat on their wives.

:confused

I didnt say that. I just suggested we not hang the guy because his wife alleged he was gay.

Scorned woman says he's gay and all of a sudden its fact?

I certainly have no idea if this is true or not and, of course, it's their business and no one else's. However, married men (of all races) having gay flings on the side is nothing new. In fact, it's a lot more common than some realize and even in S. Fla., where being openly gay is widely accepted, it happens a lot. Some women just accept it for whatever reason and others just choose to refuse to see it.

I certainly have no idea if this is true or not and, of course, it's their business and no one else's. However, married men (of all races) having gay flings on the side is nothing new. In fact, it's a lot more common than some realize and even in S. Fla., where being openly gay is widely accepted, it happens a lot. Some women just accept it for whatever reason and others just choose to refuse to see it.

That's awesome man. I had a girlfriend that was a huge tool about it. She needs to grow up. :lol

Like Butter's dad ? Seriously...this is odd. I've never heard of this "downlow" thing. Are you telling me that black, married men are having gay relationships on the side ? Uh why ? What the hell...lol oy...I don't know what to say.