I can't believe they did it!

Phlub

Guys some how, some way my Twins did it!

I don't know how. At the All Star break I vowed to myself that this team wouldn't make the playoffs, let alone win the Division. I was wrong, and am damn happy that I was wrong. Because man my Twins are division champs!

We were in 3rd place at the All Star Break and now we're division champs. The Royals are good and up and coming.

And the White Sox are the most overrated team in Baseball as I have said since March. If any other team were to win the divison other then the Twins it was the Royals, the Sox suck.

(then again I do seem to have a big anti-Chicago bias....Packers/Bears, Twins/Sox)

As I've said before the White Sox are the most overrated team in the big leagues.

The Sox didn't fu*k it up, the Twins just flat out kicked their (Chicago White Sox) asses in those 2-3 series at the end of the year which won it.

Shannon Stewart is THE BEST leadoff hitter in baseball and the Twins best player.k

Doug Mientkiewicz is the best 1st baseman in the big leagues, he hits for .300 and his defense is matched by no other 1st basemen in the bigs.

Brad Radke (who was born 5 miles from where I live) is the Twins ace that comes through in the clutch.

Eric Miltion, Kyle Lohse and Johan Santana are the Twins 2 young flame throwing pitchers for years to come. The Key is to keep Milton healthy.

Joe Mays sucks. Rick Reed and Kenny Rogers are old. But Rogers did good this year.

In the Bullpen setup guys and closers don't throw much more heat then LaTroy Hawkins can. Some call him the Big Unit of the AL. He's 6-6 and throws 95 MPH balls with regularity. And should be our closer.

Eddie Guardado is the worst player and worst closer in baseball. He damn near blew another Save Op. against Detroit yesterday. He always gets the save, but always puts a runner in scoring position before he does it.

Overall the Twins have no shot against the Yankees. We haven't beaten the Yankees in over 2 YEARS (at home and on the road).

Shannon Stewart is THE BEST leadoff hitter in baseball and the Twins best player.k

Doug Mientkiewicz is the best 1st baseman in the big leagues, he hits for .300 and his defense is matched by no other 1st basemen in the bigs.

I stopped reading after these two statements. I just have to say AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Douggie isn't second best. Helton is first, and Lee is second. Lee is waaaaay better defensivley and Helton is too.

And dammit, don't ever insult Juan Pierre like that again. EVER.

Have you seen the defensive plays that Doug M makes night in and night out?

Its just become expected of him he's so damn good. Anything that Doug does everynight is a web gem for Derek Lee or Tod Helton.

Helton and Lee are better power hitters, and Helton hits for better average, but find a better Fielding 1st Basemen that can make the extension on a long throw from 3rd or Left Field then Doug.

Shannon Stewart, well I think his .346 batting average since joining the Twins does all the talking he needs.

You know what I love?

How everyone has forgotten that the Twins were SUPPOSED to win this division. They were picked by a good majority at the beginning of the season, not Chicago. They're acting like they overcame all odds when they were the favorites. Now, sure, they did rally to win it, but they shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.

That being said, I still want them to win the AL.

You know what I love?

How everyone has forgotten that the Twins were SUPPOSED to win this division. They were picked by a good majority at the beginning of the season, not Chicago. They're acting like they overcame all odds when they were the favorites. Now, sure, they did rally to win it, but they shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.

That being said, I still want them to win the AL.

can you imagine the rating for a WS that includes the Twins? I would love to see a Marlin-Yankee matchup, Good vs Evil

lol chicago spent their entire farm system and was supposed to win that division. phlub is acting really dumb here. whitesox overated? what? how are they overated when they got the best OF, a 20 gm winner, thomas, and went on a spending spree at the deadline to WIN the devision not to lose it to twins

you get roberto alomar, everett, schoweihis, bartolo and a bunch of other players for ur best propects since u dont spend cash, you better win the devision.

twins just got lucky. that shanon stweart trade was just lucky. they didnt even need stwart at the time.

o and phlub is that ur dad in the avatar? looks a lil like u

lol chicago spent their entire farm system and was supposed to win that division. phlub is acting really dumb here. whitesox overated? what? how are they overated when they got the best OF, a 20 gm winner, thomas, and went on a spending spree at the deadline to WIN the devision not to lose it to twins

you get roberto alomar, everett, schoweihis, bartolo and a bunch of other players for ur best propects since u dont spend cash, you better win the devision.

twins just got lucky. that shanon stweart trade was just lucky. they didnt even need stwart at the time.

o and phlub is that ur dad in the avatar? looks a lil like u

The White Sox WERE overrated. Did you not notice how the BBTN crew spent a month talking about how their was their division, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Oh and if you think Mags is the best OF in baseball, then you're the perfect example of them being overrated.

That being said, the Twins were still supposed to win this thing when the season started, so they just did what they were supposed to.

I find it hard to believe that there's people that haven't seen the Twins play, not with all the games on TV now.

Granted, I guess I do get to see them a lot more since I'm stuck watching the Indians a lot. He's flat-out awesome with the glove, he's a solid hitter, but there's no way in hell he's the best 1B in the game. He probably is better with the glove than D-Lee though...barely. And the margin is slim enough that it doesn't matter.

Heres the deal.

Football is quite obviously my strong suit. Baseball and Basketball are distant 2nds.

Facts are the Twins were better this year then the Sox. The Twins beat the living hell out of the Sox in the last 2-3 series they played against eachother.

Really just like in football, baseball is whoevers the hottest or has the most momentum.

And no thats not my Dad. My Dads a Vikings fan. But my avatar is that of a guy nicknamed "St. Vince" a man whom I've met many a time at Lambeau Field. Great guy, funny as hell.

He hasn't missed a Packers home game in over 18 years. And hasn't missed a Packers road game against a divisional foe in 11 years.

Quite the Packer Backer if I do say so myself.