Luongo is traded!

The Canucks also have an exponentially better defense than the Panthers had.

And are you really dumb enough to compare Allen to Blake, Pronger and Neidermayer?

actually, they didn't. panthers defense stunk - but vancouvers was just as bad most of the season. Ohlund is a rock - but thats about all they had on a consistent basis. Salo and Jovo were out for good portions of the season. They were so desperate for help they traded a solid young defensman in Mojzis for Eric friggen Weinrich. They also picked up Keith Carney at the deadline.

Those two were only around for about 10 games though, so it's not like they added much for very long.

I'm watching "one of the best forwards in the league" put up 71 points with the new rules...that's what I'm talking about.

Never mind that Naslund and Bertuzzi was linemates and he won't come close to anything that talented in Florida.

ummm...don't you think that the moore incident had something to do with that? bertuzzi is only 30 years old - he's in the middle of his prime. he hasn't lost anything. he's still 245 lbs and can absolutley fly. he isn't hampered by the new rules - if anything he's one of the biggest benefitors. how the hell do you stop him if he gets his head on straight?

his problem last season, like it or not, WAS the moore incident. playing hockey in vancouver is like playing baseball in boston. he was constantly booed anywhere he played and at times at his own arena. if there was ever someone who needed a "change of scenery" it is bertuzzi.

also, markus naslund didn't play with bertuzzi for a good portion of the season. both of them struggled horribly this year - not just bertuzzi. naslund went 10-15 games without a goal at one point. that line was split up most of the season - the only line the canucks kept together was sedin-sedin-carter. . bertuzzi played with ryan kesler and matt cooke for a while i believe.

if bertuzzi can get his head on straight he is one of the most dominating forwards in the game. the best comparisons (although hes not quite this good) is jaromir jagr and/or joe thornton. they are so big and strong there is absolutley nothing ANYONE can do to stop them anymore with the new rules. before you could hook and obstruct them, but not anymore they essentially score at will in the new NHL. Jagr and Thornton were 1-2 in the pts leaders this season.

Bertuzzi is not THAT good, but he DID score 46 goals and 97 points in the "old" NHL where scoring was alot less. Most believe he will regain that form because, quite frankly, no one gives a damn about hockey down here, which means he will have a fresh start. add the fact that he's on a contract season...and, well, you get the point. he should be in for a big season

i watch the canucks alot on the dish, in case you're wondering. sort of my "adopted" team in the west - although that may change now..