Jovocop return likely

The arrival of Bertuzzi, who has one year left on his contract at $5.3 million and is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent next July, most likely will mean the Panthers also will sign Bertuzzi's close friend and Canucks teammate Ed Jovanovski as an unrestricted free agent this summer. Jovanovski, who the Panthers picked with the No. 1 overall pick in the 1994 Draft, has shown interest in returning to South Florida. Bertuzzi said he hoped this would push a deal along.

Sun-Sentinel.

:D

More on Jovo and the asking price for Pronger:

NEW YORK POST: Admin Brooks reports on several of the big rumours making the rounds. It's believed the Panthers were interested in Chris Pronger but the Oilers asking price was Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton and the 10th overall pick in yesterday's draft. The Rangers are also interested but it doesn't appear they have what the Oilers might seek. The Coyotes are apparently "pitching hard" for Pronger, as might the Senators should they lose both Zdeno Chara and Wade Redden to free agency.

Spector's Note: The asking price for Pronger will be steep, and I suspect a top-two defenceman will be the centerpiece of the return.

It's believed the Florida Panthers took "less than optimum value" for Roberto Luongo with the Todd Bertuzzi package as the club hopes to lure impending UFA and Bertuzzi pal Ed Jovanovski to sign with the club.

Spector's Note: That certainly appears to be the method to the madness. Auld is a decent goalie but no Luongo but having Bertuzzi bolster the offence and Jovanovski giving the Panthers "D" a much-needed improvement could off-set that.

They cant be serious with that asking price for pronger. They just signed him as a free last summer its not like they had him for 10 years. hopefully their price will go down.

It would be great if we could get jovo. I wonder what his asking price would be? We also need another foward.

I'd suspect that Mike Sillinger may end up in a Panthers Uni next year. He is a tremendous special teams guy, as we all know from our half season with him. And he is great in the faceoff circle.

I have a feeling Jovo may take a bit of a discount to sign with the Panthers since we have Bert now.