Anibal's Debut

Well, does Mitre really even have a place here anymore? BP roles are being defined to a high degree, 4 spots in the rotation are pretty much set, Moe is pitching well and we saw his successor tonight in the form of Darth Sanchez.

I just dont see where Mitre fits in with this staff.

Well, does Mitre really even have a place here anymore? BP roles are being defined to a high degree, 4 spots in the rotation are pretty much set, Moe is pitching well and we saw his successor tonight in the form of Darth Sanchez.

plenty of spots still in the bullpen or he could possibly be trade bait

I hope I'm not being too negative for you, but I'm not ready to call him Darth Sanchez, or even great prospect Sanchez, after just 5 2/3 innings. Let's just enjoy tonite's win. He pitched a very good game. A game. We shutout the Yankees!!!!! Let's just celebrate that. 5 innings is a little too early to say someone is tradebait or the next Darth Cy Young. As I've said many, many times before this season is not about wins and losses....it's about individual progress...and tonite Sanchez showed the start of some good progress.

I'm pretty sure hardly anyone here is calling him the next cy young.. im just pumped he handled himself at one of the toughest settings. I want to see the youngest rotation in MLB history NOW. I know Moe has pitched well for a lot of the season but lets go with the youth. Thats just my opinion and I can live with Moe in the rotation for a little longer.. but i just wanna see the young kids play.

I hope I'm not being too negative for you, but I'm not ready to call him Darth Sanchez, or even great prospect Sanchez, after just 5 2/3 innings. Let's just enjoy tonite's win. He pitched a very good game. A game. We shutout the Yankees!!!!! Let's just celebrate that. 5 innings is a little too early to say someone is tradebait or the next Darth Cy Young. As I've said many, many times before this season is not about wins and losses....it's about individual progress...and tonite Sanchez showed the start of some good progress.

Darth Sanchez...I got from someone calling him Annie, which is what they called Darth Vader as a kid in Star Wars.

Not because of tonights game.

AFter tonight's decent performance against the Yanks, will Anibel get some more starts? I think he earned it... Move Moe to the pen, have the rotation consist of D-Train, Johnson, Nolasco, Olsen, Sanchez (Drool...!!!!) Mitre is either pen or traded, Herges could find himself squeezed out by ASB if these kids keep coming up and kicking A$$!!!!!

I have a question. I thought Anibal threw harder than he did, so was he just taking it easy and not trying to do too much?

He started out 89-90 and then muscled it up to 93 several times in the 6th inning. I have a feeling he can hit 95 but he probably didn't want to lose control out there...first start and all.

I couldn't see the game (dish network in Miami blows), but Anibal's stat line looks great:

5.2 innings

0 Runs

0 walks

7 hits

How did he look?? How was his fastball? Did he seem to challenge hitters? Any thoughts on whether he sticks around for another start?

GREAT DEBUT ANIBAL!!!

He looked great I say we should stay with him and drop Moe :thumbup

Great outing by Anibal. Maybe Moe can go to the bullpen. :mischief2

I have a question. I thought Anibal threw harder than he did, so was he just taking it easy and not trying to do too much?

He started out 89-90 and then muscled it up to 93 several times in the 6th inning. I have a feeling he can hit 95 but he probably didn't want to lose control out there...first start and all.

He hit 94 in the 6th while around 90 pitches. Even the commentators made a comment about it.

i loved the way he was pounding hitters inside w/ his fastball...especially the one on cano that he hit about 15 feet. he was great-though i wish he could of stayed in a bit longer. i hope anibal can take moe's place in the rotation. congrats anibal