Marlins First To Shutout Yankees in '06

Something else to ponder... the Marlins outscored the Yankees 11-8 in the series (12-8, if you count Saturday's run).

Should had won the first game though. This might hurt our wildcard shot.

Do you know what the 2003 Marlins record was after 72 games? Well it was 34-38. This year's Marlins team is 32-40. :mischief

Oh and the '03 team didn't even play the Boston Massacre game yet....

Something else to ponder... the Marlins outscored the Yankees 11-8 in the series (12-8, if you count Saturday's run).

Should had won the first game though. This might hurt our wildcard shot.

Do you know what the 2003 Marlins record was after 72 games? Well it was 34-38. This year's Marlins team is 32-40. :mischief

Oh and the '03 team didn't even play the Boston Massacre game yet....

This game never happened. :evil

EVERYBODY!!!!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

You better turn to the Big Unit....... oops, sorry, I forgot.... he ain't doin' to well is he?

I know the Fish lost the series, but a $900 Million dollar payroll should sweep a $14 million dollar payroll.... not get outscored 11-8. I love it.

What a dumb statement. This is baseball, any team can win on any night. They won the series, the only moral victory for the marlins is that anibal looked good in his first start.

Go yankees!

EVERYBODY!!!!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

You better turn to the Big Unit....... oops, sorry, I forgot.... he ain't doin' to well is he?

I know the Fish lost the series, but a $900 Million dollar payroll should sweep a $14 million dollar payroll.... not get outscored 11-8. I love it.

What a dumb statement. This is baseball, any team can win on any night. They won the series, the only moral victory for the marlins is that anibal looked good in his first start.

Go yankees!

Since when is an actual victory a "moral" victory? They handily won the nightcap - in which most of the Yankee regulars played, made two mistakes that cost them the first game (Jacobs getting thrown out at home, DTrain's hanger to Damon), and made a nice comeback to make Friday's game competitive. This shows that:

- The Marlins can hang with anybody, including the best of the AL East (lets hope that continues against Boston)

- The Yankees' bullpen is very suspect until the 9th inning. They need to hope Dotel comes off the DL and can offer some help

- It may be early to say this, but the Marlins have one of the deepest starting pitching cores in baseball. How many teams can dig into their minor league system and get performances like Anibal's? And have a rookie lead the league in ERA? Be playing well with their expected #2 starter getting bounced around in the minors?

Lots of teams would have laid down and died after two tight losses, but the Fish did nicely to avoid the sweep.

i for one...am pissed...

Pissed that:

1) they should have played Saturday...I sat there, it didn't rain between 5-7 and the rain that was there between 4-8 was light showers at best

2) I had to go home yesterday morning

3) had summer school start today or I would have been there last night

but I am happy about the Marlins...but the fact that I should have been there makes it bittersweet.

EVERYBODY!!!!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Go yankees!

Since when is an actual victory a "moral" victory? They handily won the nightcap - in which most of the Yankee regulars played, made two mistakes that cost them the first game (Jacobs getting thrown out at home, DTrain's hanger to Damon), and made a nice comeback to make Friday's game competitive. This shows that:

- The Marlins can hang with anybody, including the best of the AL East (lets hope that continues against Boston)

- The Yankees' bullpen is very suspect until the 9th inning. They need to hope Dotel comes off the DL and can offer some help

- It may be early to say this, but the Marlins have one of the deepest starting pitching cores in baseball. How many teams can dig into their minor league system and get performances like Anibal's? And have a rookie lead the league in ERA? Be playing well with their expected #2 starter getting bounced around in the minors?

Lots of teams would have laid down and died after two tight losses, but the Fish did nicely to avoid the sweep.

its a moral victory b/c we LOST the series. So avoiding a sweep is not a major victory, its still disappointing especially since as you said we couldve won the other two. So in fact as a marlins fan this was a disappointing series.

Guest CHRISTYTOD

(Game One)

Disappointing was sitting there bragging about the nice trades we have made, raving about our new shortstop and how he has played so great - and then seeing three errors - (2 of them his) which really could have been four, happen right before my very eyes in The Stadium - I was so embarrassed, knowing that is not how we typically play.

But I was proud of how we battled back and had them on the ropes all night - they were nervous - TRUST me. I sat amongst their fans who were shivering at the mere thought of the Marlins taking that game! It was a lot of fun - as usual in Yankee Stadium.

No regrets - great series in my opinion for David vs. Goliath.

(Game One)

Disappointing was sitting there bragging about the nice trades we have made, raving about our new shortstop and how he has played so great - and then seeing three errors - 2 of them his (which really could have been four) happen right before my very eyes in The Stadium - I was so embarrassed, knowing that is not how we typically play.

But I was proud of how we battled back and had them on the ropes all night - they were nervous - TRUST me. I sat amongst their fans who were shivering at the mere thought of the Marlins taking that game! It was a lot of fun - as usual in Yankee Stadium.

No regrets - great series in my opinion for David vs. Goliath.

This series was the equivalent of david's rock taking out goliath's eye but not killing him.

EVERYBODY!!!!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Go yankees!

Idiot. Go Yankees? What's with the Marlins avatar?

EVERYBODY!!!!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Yankees Suck!

Go yankees!

Idiot. Go Yankees? What's with the Marlins avatar?

I was a yankee fan before the marlins existed. I am a marlins fan now, but I will defend the yanks against the anti-yankee sentiment on the board. Especially when its not based on facts

The only fact is that the Yankees are a 200 million train wreck. No farm system to speak of. Your two best pitchers are 41 and 37. Your "best lineup ever" has finally had age catch up to em' and on many nights looks simply good, not dominant.

This Yankees team is going to struggle to even get in the playoffs, and realistically has little if no shot to win 3 playoff series.

And yet ignorant Yankee fans and NY writers/radio people keep talking about getting Dontrelle or a big time bat. With what? The Yankees are on a big time downward spiral. With no farm system you can not make trades. They will continue to be players in free agency but that only exacerbates the problem. Overpaying for players in their early 30's who's best years are behind them (and cost 1st round picks). Who will be added in the offseason? Guys like Zito or Schmidt- players who must be given 60+ million guaranteed contracts who could implode at any time.

The Yankees are becoming the Knicks. And that is not a good thing. Love to get my NY hate on!

The only fact is that the Yankees are a 200 million train wreck. No farm system to speak of. Your two best pitchers are 41 and 37. Your "best lineup ever" has finally had age catch up to em' and on many nights looks simply good, not dominant.

This Yankees team is going to struggle to even get in the playoffs, and realistically has little if no shot to win 3 playoff series.

And yet ignorant Yankee fans and NY writers/radio people keep talking about getting Dontrelle or a big time bat. With what? The Yankees are on a big time downward spiral. With no farm system you can not make trades. They will continue to be players in free agency but that only exacerbates the problem. Overpaying for players in their early 30's who's best years are behind them (and cost 1st round picks). Who will be added in the offseason? Guys like Zito or Schmidt- players who must be given 60+ million guaranteed contracts who could implode at any time.

The Yankees are becoming the Knicks. And that is not a good thing. Love to get my NY hate on!

Amen brother, the only thing you forgot was their ego-driven obssessive owner that freaks out if he's left of the backpage sports section for a week