Dontrelle Willis refuses to sign Yankee gear! (Full YS Report)

THE FOLLOWING IS MY REPORT FROM NY, RANTS INCLUDED. (6/24)

Well i'm back as of last night. The Grand Finale of my trip turned out to be, as you all know, a complete dissapointment with the game being called off. I'll get too that in a minute, but first the focus of the topic.

Having never been NY, i wanted my first look at the field of Yankee Stadium as soon as i had passed through Gate 2, on the left field side. I went through an entrance on field level around 1:30 to get my first pics of the field itself, which had a tarp on it, and there was Dontrelle Willis tossing the ball around, leg kick and all. Having never gotten a single autograph at DS, i got closer only to get a few good pics when Trelle went over the the 3rd base side where jeter went overboard a few years back, and started signing. I got closer looking to get something signed and as i approached the crowd of 50 or so that was pushing into a range of 3 seats, a kid say 16 hands Dontrelle his Yankees cap. Our ace took a look at it, looks at the kid and says,"I don't play for them." It was the only time he didn't have a smile on his face, it was GOLDEN OWNAGE!

Next, the fact that the game was called off in the first place was completely obnoxious, and a horrible decision. Ive been to hundreds of Marlins games, and i known that you put the tarp on WHEN IT RAINS! Could we all agree on that?

From 1-4 it DIDNT RAIN at the ballpark, and the tarp stayed on, and the Old Timers Game was cancelled, most likely because they didnt want the stars of the game to get hurt, so that is understandable, but let me state again, it wasn't raining. A drizzle at 4-4:15 that stopped in say 30-60 seconds put the game off FOR ANOTHER HOUR! It was a "pre-emptive strike" against the rain! IT. WAS. DRY!

The game got undreway at 5:30, and was stopped again at 5:48, when it started to rain at a fair pace, but by the time the tarp was 1/2 on, it had stopped again, and we would wait another hour before we got another drop. At around 7PM, it started to pour, and after just 10-15 minutes of showers, the game was called. It was unbelievable.

TO PUT THE CAP ON THE WHOLE BOTTLE OF MISHAPS by the time i stepped back outside of gate 2, it was no longer raining, and not one more time that entire night (went back to the room at 1130 so i can't say after that) did the clouds spill at all.

In all there was about 3.5 hours of dry with the tarp on, and 20-25 minutes combined rain from 1-9, 10-15 of which was a light drizzle. Also, we got an hour of 70's dance music blasted at top volume during the delay, nd a face off between these 2 fat guys in the big screen!

Ending on a lighter note, following Dontrelle's comment to the kid, i spun my marlins hat around to face him which got me an autograph!

One final thing, heres one of the few pics i was able to take of actual action:

amusing

I feel bad for the kid but still amusing.

i feel bad for yankees fans like i feel bad for bush when he is voted worst president in U.S. history

I think those bottom three positions will be forever reserved for Harding, Pierce and Bucchanan. Just how the bottom of the NL East is reserved for the Braves this year.

Even though the Marlins visit Shea Stadium and the Mets on July 7-9, Willis took the comments as a trade will be made with a New York team by the July 31 deadline.

"They said, 'You'd look good in pinstripes," Willis said. "I said, 'I'm already in pinstripes.'"

The Marlins home white jerseys are pinstripes.

FloridaMarlins.com

Gotta love Trelle.

Even though the Marlins visit Shea Stadium and the Mets on July 7-9, Willis took the comments as a trade will be made with a New York team by the July 31 deadline.

"They said, 'You'd look good in pinstripes," Willis said. "I said, 'I'm already in pinstripes.'"

The Marlins home white jerseys are pinstripes.

FloridaMarlins.com

Gotta love Trelle.

That's AWESOME!

If A-Rod came to Florida, and refused to sign for you because you are a Marlins fans all of you guys would be saying how much of a dick he is. If this was in fact just a teenager and D-Train didn't sign for him, that isn't cool.

Just sayin.

TimeWrecker, what were you wearing and where did you sit? I probably saw you! I was in the upper deck boxes Row F section 610 I think.

Yea, it sucked...at least you didn't have a flight the next day. Did you get the ticket to another game this season and are you going to use your voucher for 2007?

you think Willis will sign my Old Timers Day Yankees vs Marlins T-Shirt?

THE FOLLOWING IS MY REPORT FROM NY, RANTS INCLUDED. (6/24)

Well i'm back as of last night. The Grand Finale of my trip turned out to be, as you all know, a complete dissapointment with the game being called off. I'll get too that in a minute, but first the focus of the topic.

Having never been NY, i wanted my first look at the field of Yankee Stadium as soon as i had passed through Gate 2, on the left field side. I went through an entrance on field level around 1:30 to get my first pics of the field itself, which had a tarp on it, and there was Dontrelle Willis tossing the ball around, leg kick and all. Having never gotten a single autograph at DS, i got closer only to get a few good pics when Trelle went over the the 3rd base side where jeter went overboard a few years back, and started signing. I got closer looking to get something signed and as i approached the crowd of 50 or so that was pushing into a range of 3 seats, a kid say 16 hands Dontrelle his Yankees cap. Our ace took a look at it, looks at the kid and says,"I don't play for them." It was the only time he didn't have a smile on his face, it was GOLDEN OWNAGE!

Next, the fact that the game was called off in the first place was completely obnoxious, and a horrible decision. Ive been to hundreds of Marlins games, and i known that you put the tarp on WHEN IT RAINS! Could we all agree on that?

From 1-4 it DIDNT RAIN at the ballpark, and the tarp stayed on, and the Old Timers Game was cancelled, most likely because they didnt want the stars of the game to get hurt, so that is understandable, but let me state again, it wasn't raining. A drizzle at 4-4:15 that stopped in say 30-60 seconds put the game off FOR ANOTHER HOUR! It was a "pre-emptive strike" against the rain! IT. WAS. DRY!

The game got undreway at 5:30, and was stopped again at 5:48, when it started to rain at a fair pace, but by the time the tarp was 1/2 on, it had stopped again, and we would wait another hour before we got another drop. At around 7PM, it started to pour, and after just 10-15 minutes of showers, the game was called. It was unbelievable.

TO PUT THE CAP ON THE WHOLE BOTTLE OF MISHAPS by the time i stepped back outside of gate 2, it was no longer raining, and not one more time that entire night (went back to the room at 1130 so i can't say after that) did the clouds spill at all.

In all there was about 3.5 hours of dry with the tarp on, and 20-25 minutes combined rain from 1-9, 10-15 of which was a light drizzle. Also, we got an hour of 70's dance music blasted at top volume during the delay, nd a face off between these 2 fat guys in the big screen!

Ending on a lighter note, following Dontrelle's comment to the kid, i spun my marlins hat around to face him which got me an autograph!

One final thing, heres one of the few pics i was able to take of actual action:

thank for posting your pic

If A-Rod came to Florida, and refused to sign for you because you are a Marlins fans all of you guys would be saying how much of a dick he is. If this was in fact just a teenager and D-Train didn't sign for him, that isn't cool.

Just sayin.

I dont expect A-Rod to sign my Marlins hat.

Just sayin.

I dont expect A-Rod to sign my Marlins hat.

and arod doesn't have to hear about being traded to the marlins every day

FeLo, I am not sure you understand - Dontrelle refused to sign Yankees merchandise (AKA crap). If A-Rod came to South Florida and I was lucky enough to be there, I wouldn't say "Hey Alex, would you sign my Marlins jersey omgplease?!"

Good Point. I wouldn't want it if he was playing the Reds either.

TimeWrecker, what were you wearing and where did you sit? I probably saw you! I was in the upper deck boxes Row F section 610 I think.

Yea, it sucked...at least you didn't have a flight the next day. Did you get the ticket to another game this season and are you going to use your voucher for 2007?

you think Willis will sign my Old Timers Day Yankees vs Marlins T-Shirt?

I did have a flight the next day. :confused All the more reason for me to hate what happened. My whole family was completely willing to be thre till 4AM too see the game get finished. We might go back next year just for the make up, i dunno... im gonna check the seating start and see if i was near you, i saw my share of fishfans there.. checking the map, one sec!

OK BACK!

Yeah CT, he'll sign it, thats what he signed for me, right on the marlins logo.. hehe..

I wasnt in your section, but i think i was sitting nexto another user believe it or not. , i was in a black marlins shirt, with fitted 03 series cap on