Sign in to follow this  
TSwift25

What to do...

Well, Sanchez threw well, is on the 40 man and does figure to have a future with us and has shown he can compete at this level.

Olsen, Johnson and Nolasco have been lights out as rookies and Willis isn't going anywhere.

That leaves Brian Moehler, but with the amount of money he's making and the fact that he has had more job security than anyone not named Willis or Cabrera tells me that he's not likely headed to the 'pen and he's pitched well enough to keep him from being DFA'd (even if I still expect everyone of his starts to end in a 'L'.).

So, here's my question: Sanchez is 22, effective and able to handle the big leagues; he probably has a higher ceiling than any non-Olsen/Johnson pitching prospect in our system and he really should be here with Olsen and Johnson, but there isn't a rotation spot for him, so how do you fit him in?

Now, in my perfect world, our pitching would look like this:

Willis
Sanchez
Olsen
Petit
Johnson

With Nolasco as the closer thanks to his excellent control.

I know that's not going to happen, and wouldn't be ideal this season anyway, but seriously, we've got 7 legitimate arms not even counting Vargas.

This team really could challenege the "you can never have too much pitching" axiom.

Sanchez looked pretty good.....not great, but good. In any case, he only pitched 5 2/3 innings total in MLB. It's too early to talk about such things. It's nice to know that Sanchez is there if/when one of our starters needs a rest. Not now though.

send him back down.... he got a taste of the big leagues and that will make him hungry to return

Well, if the point of this season is to get everyone ready to win big as soon as next season, AA isn't going to do Anibal any good if he's shown he can compete at this level.

I'm not polishing the Cy Young for him, or overreacting to one start, but he sure seems to be ready to get experienced at the major league level.

We have one more piece of tradebait than we did yesterday.

i guess.... i mean most people already knew what kind of talent anibal was

I think Pettit is trade bait personally and Sanchez might of just made himself that for a top hitting prospect to fill out CF.

But I like what I saw tonight from him.

Send him down and let him work further on his pitches down there. I dont wanna see him go to the bullpen right now and I dont think Nolasco deserves that either. Unles you have a trade in line for Moehler, he should be tossed back down again :)

We have one more piece of tradebait than we did yesterday.

i guess.... i mean most people already knew what kind of talent anibal was
It's one thing to talk the talk, it's another to walk the walk.

He became more than just another major league prospect tonight.

I don't want Nolasco anywhere near the closer role. He is a starter first and foremost. You want to talk converted closer? Let's see if Pinto can maintain some semblence of control and then we're talkin!

What you should be asking is where does Gaby Hernandez fit into this equation? He's less than a year away.