Sign in to follow this  
TSwift25

What to do...

We have one more piece of tradebait than we did yesterday.

I'm pretty sure most knew how good he was, afterall he was the second big key to the Beckett trade.

It's not as if he had anything to prove, he's put up numbers.

And seriously, I hope you don't really think Sanchez is nothing more than trade-bait.

All of the 'fab-5' and Sinkbeil should go before him.

I'm pretty sure most knew how good he was, afterall he was the second big key to the Beckett trade.

And seriously, I hope you don't really think Sanchez is nothing more than trade-bait.

Who is in the fab 5? And I doubt Sinkbeil could even be considered trade bait until next year

i guess.... i mean most people already knew what kind of talent anibal was
It's one thing to talk the talk, it's another to walk the walk.

He became more than just another major league prospect tonight.
agree to disagree

Who is in the fab 5? And I doubt Sinkbeil could even be considered trade bait until next year
Volstad, Thompson, West, Marceaux, Tucker are the fab five.

Ok so the 2005 picks...got it

Not to mention we got this guy Jose Garcia who is very close to ready as well. What to do with him?

Ok so the 2005 picks...got it

Yeah, the 5 first rounders from last year.

there's nothing fab about Marceaux and Tucker so far lol

although Marceaux is pitching alot better now

I'm simply amazed by the comment that Sanchez "had nothing to prove" tonight.

He had to prove that he was a prospect?

I'm simply amazed by your double standards; saying that a career journey-man sucks is blaspheming in your eyes since he's a professional, yet prospects are treated with such disregard that their major league debut is the difference between vindication and condemnation.

Sanchez is one of the great arms in the system, tonight would not have done anything negative for his trade value as long as he simply stayed healthy. He's 22, has a lightning arm and a fantastic makeup, the kind of pitcher teams line up for if they're made available.

I'm simply amazed by the comment that Sanchez "had nothing to prove" tonight.

He had to prove that he was a prospect?

I'm simply amazed by your double standards; saying that a career journey-man sucks is blaspheming in your eyes since he's a professional, yet prospects are treated with such disregard that their major league debut is the difference between vindication and condemnation.

Sanchez is one of the great arms in the system, tonight would not have done anything negative for his trade value as long as he simply stayed healthy. He's 22, has a lightning arm and a fantastic makeup, the kind of pitcher teams line up for if they're made available.

I think all Marlins2003 is trying to say is that it is one thing to have put in great performances in the minors and show potential to compete at a high level in the majors and another to called on short notice to make your debut at Yankees Stadium against ARod, Jeter, Damon, Giambi, Cano and company. I agree with you and others that scouts from other teams knew about Anibal, but the circumstances (short notice debut) and the team he was playing (Yanks in "The Stadium") probably helped upgrade his perceived value, however slightly.