Sign in to follow this  
TSwift25

What to do...

Don't trade Anibal. Use anybody else for trades. The stuff I've seen in the highlights is money and better than any of the other guys who have come up and still pitching darn well for us. As much as I like all the guys we have out there now, I want that one guy who has absolutely wicked stuff in the rotation. Anibal not only has the stuff, but he has incredible composure. I never thought I would be so impressed just by seeing a few highlights, but this guy should definitely be our "untouchable."

it was a nice outing, but still one start. His value, perceived or otherwise didn't move too much.

Its good to keep him around though, see what he is made of.
He may be kept around for a few weeks, like Pinto and Petit, but the only way this guy gets in the rotation is if we yank Moehler (not likely but possible) or something happens to the other 4. He could be our long guy until Mitre comes back, which opens up a number of new questions.

it was a nice outing, but still one start. His value, perceived or otherwise didn't move too much.

Its good to keep him around though, see what he is made of.
soon enough

send him back down.... he got a taste of the big leagues and that will make him hungry to return

He pitched great tonight against one of the best lineups in baseball but I've got to agree with you here. Had a great outing in the bigs, send him back down to AAA, let him build up a little more steam and come back strong later on in the season.

lets go with a 7-man rotation! :lol

When we were in our rough stretch in the beginning I actually was thinking a 6 man rotation might not be such a bad idea. For one, it would give everyone an extra day off which would be great for younger guys trying to build arm strength. It may prevent arm injuries that often plague young starters thrown into ML action. Also, a six man rotation would allow exposure to one more arm - assuming eventually we decide to trade a starter for an outfielder.

If Johnson, Nolasco, and Olsen continue to pitch well, there's not a whole lot of room in the rotation. Moehler's spot can go to Sanchez/Petit next year, but that still leaves maybe 3 guys that are ready on the outside looking in. I know "these things tend to work themselves out,"......but I don't know that I've ever seen a team with so many starters ready to contribute.

It definitely will be interesting to see how this situation pans out. Honestly, as of right now I have no clue what to do. You hate to trade the guys that are in the majors and performing well, but you also know that if you trade the ML quality guys with no ML experience in the minors you may not get equal value back.