Josh Johnson Has The Best ERA in MLB Once Again

He's having a great season so far. If he gets a few more wins (up to 9) he could maybe make the all star team as a reserve if someone gets hurt.

13 games left, that means he'll get 2 more starts in all likelihood. If he heads into the break 9-4 (or maybe even 8-4) with an ERA around 2.20, he will make the team no doubt.

yeah I'm almost positive Josh has enough innings because I've seen him ranked on MLB.com for the MLB lead

Is this why I am seeing him appear on the Stats leaders on mlb.com on and off throughout the past two weeks?? Yesterday I was looking for him and didn't see him at all.

On the top of the stats page it says "ERA Leaders - must have a minimum of 1.0 inning pitched per game played", hasnt he pitched a 4 or 5 games already?

yeah I'm almost positive Josh has enough innings because I've seen him ranked on MLB.com for the MLB lead

he needs more 7-8 inning outings to stay on that list. Your IP has to be equal to the amount of games your team has played and since you need 5 innings to pick up a W, it's how the 5 man rotation thing works to even it out. 5 is supposed to be the normal amount of innings a SP pitches and each day you wait for your outing is equivalent to one of those 5 innings. JJ has exactly 73.2 IP = to the 73 games we ave played, if he can keep going 6 +, he will be on the list longer. We will only see him on it today on the list, Webb will beck back on top tomarrow

I wonder if he could pull off a complete game?

He has the stamina. It is just a matter of keeping his pitch count down. While last night's game was a good, solid outing with only the one walk before he was taken out of the game, he needs to cut down on getting behind in counts to get a CG.