Uggla's chat this afternoon.

Dan Uggla: Hi everyone. Thanks for coming today.

mike_mike: What is it like to play in the Majors?

Uggla: It's great. I am living out my dream.

dabrookfish: What was your favorite team growing up as a kid?

Uggla: Growing up in Columbia, Tenn., I rooted for the Braves because they were the closest team.

lazerjackmck: What do you think of the performances of Josh Johnson and Ricky Nolasco?

Uggla: They are two of the best pitchers in the league even though they are young. I'm glad they're on my team. They are the real deal.

lazerjackmck: Dan, what do you think of Joe Girardi and the job he has been doing in his first year as manager of the Marlins?

Uggla: Joe has been unbelievable. He's shown a lot of patience with us, and he's easy to talk to and play for. He really knows how to get the players motivated.

dabrookfish: Do you pay attention to the critics who only put down the young Florida Marlins?

Uggla: No, because most critics don't know what they're talking about. Anyone that knows the game of baseball knows we have some talent here.

lazerjackmck: Has Dontrelle Willis been a positive influence on you in any way, or on the team?

Uggla: Dontrelle is one of the best teammates that anyone can have. He is a positive influence on everyone -- just his personality in the clubhouse. He's always upbeat and rooting for everyone.

Ryan_Moore: What advice would you give to a young person who wants to be a successful baseball player, such as yourself?

Uggla: Always work hard and don't let anyone tell you you can't do something. It's up to you to make it if you want.

Stephen_Frix: Do you see yourself staying with the Marlins for a long time?

Uggla: I appreciate the Marlins giving me the chance, and I hope to stay here for a long time -- as long as they want me!

ipitch20mph: Were you disappointed you couldn't play at Yankee Stadium?

Uggla: Yes, I was disappointed, but just the experience of going there was great. It still meant a lot to be there in the dugout.

roosterpuddin: Do you miss Knoxville, Dan? We miss you here.

Uggla: Of course I miss Knoxville! It was a great experience for me.

Phil_Stukenborg: What has made these first three months such a success for you at the plate and how has Perry Hill helped from the defensive side?

Uggla: Perry has been great. I wouldn't be the player I am right now if it wasn't for him. He is the best infield coach in the game.

lazerjackmck: What do you think of Hanley Ramirez?

Uggla: Hanley is a great player. We developed a good relationship right in Spring Training and we get more comfortable next to each other every day.

ipitch20mph: How was the locker room after that victory in Baltimore when you guys came back to tie the game with two outs in the ninth inning with homers from Joe Borchard and Wes Helms?

Uggla: It was probably the best game we played all year. Guys didn't quit, and it felt good to steal one from someone else!

lazerjackmck: How would you feel about playing in the All-Star Game?

Uggla: It's an honor for me to just have my name mentioned as a candidate. I haven't thought about it too much, because I just want to get back in the lineup right now.

lewdog2020: Did your college coach Dave Anderson teach you anything that helped you at the Major League level?

Uggla: If it wasn't for Dave, I probably wouldn't be playing in the Majors. Without him, I wouldn't have had the year I had in college, so that scouts noticed me.

dr00ps: Do you think that Miguel Cabrera is the best hitter in the league?

Uggla: Miguel is very, very, very, very talented. If he's not the best, he's right up there. What he does at the plate is amazing.

Base_Ball: What do you think of the solid play that Alfredo Amezaga has been turning in every day?

Uggla: He's been a great teammate and no matter where you put him on the field, or what you ask him to do, you know he's going to get the job done. He has been a great piece on this team.

mike_mike: Who is your favorite player?

Uggla: Alfredo Amezaga!

flafan33: What makes the Marlins such a unique team?

Uggla: We're one of the only teams that play in a football stadium.

Craig_Shankman: If there was any shortstop in the Majors you would like to turn a double play with, who would it be?

Uggla: Ramirez because that's who I'm going out there next to, and it means we got our job done.

Uggla: Thanks everyone. Off to go get better. See you at the yard.

FlaMarlins.com

I missed it :(

Uggla: I appreciate the Marlins giving me the chance, and I hope to stay here for a long time -- as long as they want me!the chance, and I hope to stay here for a long time -- as long as they want me!

Uggla thinking ahead about our next fire sell. :(

I expected you to brake down and critisize every comment like you did with Dontrelle's :mischief