2nd Guess Girardi: The Bunt.....

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Lemme preface this by saying I don't hate the man and this is not an Anti-Joe thread but in the 7th inning when we had 1st and 2nd with no outs and Olivo up, i'm wondering why he bunted with our two worst hitters behind him.....I'm not a fan of taking the bat out of Olivo's hands when he's been hot as of late....Or we could have hit and run with him as well.....Didn't say it would have made a big deal but I'm just curious of the rest of your thoughts....

Guest Lissy

I think he did the right thing. If I was a manager, I'd do the same. If Olivo swings, there is a chance he might hit into a DP.

I would have let Olivo swing away he had a good idea but it turned out to be a mess Olivo is one of our top hitters he has 9HR and is batting over .285 I believe he also had the second most RBI on the team in june second to Uggla

It's a positional thing. I'd bunt everyone but Cabrera in that situation.

I would have let Olivo swing away he had a good idea but it turned out to be a mess Olivo is one of our top hitters he has 9HR and is batting over .285 I believe he also had the second most RBI on the team in june second to Uggla

It's a positional thing. I'd bunt everyone but Cabrera in that situation.

same here we'd have runners on second and third ( if i remember correctly) with borchard coming up who hits a lot of flyballs...if executed properly we'd have a run and possibly another man on third..

it was absolutely 100% the right call.

you need one run.

you have 0 outs.

2nd and 3rd with 1 out gives you a great chance to get 1 run.

we just didnt execute like all game long.

it happens. but to even think about questioning the move is stupid.

you need one run.

you have 0 outs.

The whole point was to drive in 2 runs, not 1. Unless you are counting on the sac fly of course.

To the other guy, Olivo is hitting exactly .290 in 186 AB so far this season with 9 HR, 22 R, 32 RBI, and 2 SB.

I don't know what they teach the kids down here in South Florida but its surely working from a .230 career hitter. :thumbup

After 3 crucial experiment fail, look like this journeyman and his $700K salary has finally found his place down here in South Florida. :)

you need one run.

you have 0 outs.

The whole point was to drive in 2 runs, not 1. Unless you are counting on the sac fly of course.

You do not know baseball.