Just like on "Around the Horn"...

UltimateCabrera24

...should the Marlins be ENCOURAGED or DISCOURAGED after today's doubleheader performance?

2 points for a good answer, 3 points for a really good answer and watch out for that mute button.

(No actual scoring will be taking place)

I say encouraged. Held on for a tight victory in game one and even though they got it handed to them in game 2 they still have taken 2 out of 3 from the best team in the NL. Now let's go around that horn.

discouraged. the marlins needed a strong outing from one of their top SP's so far this year. he didn't give them a good outing at all as the marlins lose 17-3 (ouch)..girardi needs to make a decision on what to do with nolasco. he hasn't pitched a good game in a while now.

discouraged. the marlins needed a strong outing from one of their top SP's so far this year. he didn't give them a good outing at all as the marlins lose 17-3 (ouch)..girardi needs to make a decision on what to do with nolasco. he hasn't pitched a good game in a while now.

...2 starts?

...2 starts?

o, seemed longer than that, but i still think he should get some time in the pen. he's killing both of my fantasy teams too..

I think that tomorrow's game is going to be the deciding factor. If we lose, then this series just turns out average. If we win (which would be 3 out of 4) that should be an encouragement, as that would be a series win against one of the better NL teams.

Vargas needs to be sent back down to AAA.

you need to do research before you open your mouth and make wild, outlandish claims.

Before July Nolasco's ERA was basically 3. In his two July starts he has been absolutely murdered raising the ERA basically a full 2 runs.

But ya since today is July 9, it has been 'a while' AKA 9 days, really 6 days since he started on July 3 in DC.

Josh Johnson needs to stop walking people also, since we are talking about the entire doubleheader. So we didnt have any really good starts today, though if you wanted to gloss over the walks, Josh was rock solid today.

you need to do research before you open your mouth and make wild, outlandish claims.

Before July Nolasco's ERA was basically 3. In his two July starts he has been absolutely murdered raising the ERA basically a full 2 runs.

But ya since today is July 9, it has been 'a while' AKA 9 days, really 6 days since he started on July 3 in DC.

Josh Johnson needs to stop walking people also, since we are talking about the entire doubleheader. So we didnt have any really good starts today, though if you wanted to gloss over the walks, Josh was rock solid today.

Here's something to think about. I'm starting to wonder if now that teams have some tape to watch on our rookies (all of them, pitchers and position players) if that has anything to do with the way games are turning out. Maybe teams are starting to see consistencies in how a guy pitches in certain situations or what pitches a batter is susecptable to. We gave MLB something to talk about in June so now just maybe teams are taking us a little more seriously and actually studying our habits instead of just chalking games up in the win column.

I think this is an interesting theory that I haven't heard being explored and commented on.

Here's something to think about. I'm starting to wonder if now that teams have some tape to watch on our rookies (all of them, pitchers and position players) if that has anything to do with the way games are turning out. Maybe teams are starting to see consistencies in how a guy pitches in certain situations or what pitches a batter is susecptable to. We gave MLB something to talk about in June so now just maybe teams are taking us a little more seriously and actually studying our habits instead of just chalking games up in the win column.

I think this is an interesting theory that I haven't heard being explored and commented on.

Each team reviews tapes of pitchers and hitters....trying to find the weak points of each....players study film before every game...