Borowski on BBTN

well id rather trade herges but u know maybe we can really rip someone off llike beinfest always does like with the dodgers

Do we really need a PTBNL that badly? That's what the Marlins would get for him.

Herges has been lights out the past month or so.

Closers are pitchers not good enough to be starters.

Not always.....Dennis Eck, John Smoltz, Papelbon could all start if they wanted to.

Joel Zumaya will be interesting if he will be a SPer or a Closer....I think he could do either.

Zumaya should stay a reliever IMO..

well id rather trade herges but u know maybe we can really rip someone off llike beinfest always does like with the dodgers

Do we really need a PTBNL that badly? That's what the Marlins would get for him.

Not really. He has lowered his ERA by 0.02 over the last month.

He won't net anything above a PTBNL.

from 6/1, Herges is 0-0 with a 2.79era in 19.1 innings

Not really. He has lowered his ERA by 0.02 over the last month.

He won't net anything above a PTBNL.

from 6/1, Herges is 0-0 with a 2.79era in 19.1 innings

Yes, but he has gotten worse since June, which is what the initial post was referring too. He was pitching awesome for awhile. I know because I was at most of those games.

He was in a hot streak but now appears to be regressing into his former self (ERA of almost 7 since the All Star break).

The whole point is what numbers teams will look at. Something tells me that they will be more concerned with his post all star numbers (and those immediately before it) instead of the stretch from June to early July he had.

He's had 1 bad appearance which distorts his numbers, and that was a game where we lost 12-0 anyway