No more Logan

ok first off Logan really needs to develop another pitch and no more 8th innings until he really gets it together. also it seems that since they do that dumb pre game show johnson and kensing havent been as sharp. but anyway i hope joe has learned from the last few outings from logan. give resop a shot

why cant Borowski pitch 4 outs or more than 1 inning. i dont think i've seen him save a game w/ 4 or more outs

damn im tired of seeing Logan give up the tieing run with a HR, and same goes for messenger. Also i think u can give a little of the blame on olivo for calling 3 fastballs in a row for tank instead of the slider. damn even herges pitched good. this game wouldve been a good boost for us, cause we would have passed the braves, rockies, brewers and maybe astros or closer to reds.

throw Messenger into the 8th and put Logan in the 7th

I'm not the biggest Mess fan but this might be necessary for the time being. Kensing's fastball is just getting jumped on by hitters and until he fixes this it might be better to not have him in the setup role.

Logan was terrible in May, very strong in June and now settling back into his May form in July. I think he should be fine in our bullpen as a middle reliever, I just don't think he has the consistency to be the Marlins setup man longterm.

I'd rather give Tank a crack at being our regular setup man. Both lefties and righties have had problems hitting him and minus the game winning HR he gave up tonight, he has been a model of consistency.

A couple of things may be at play here.

One, he just isn't getting the ball down like he was a few weeks ago, so it's probably a mechanical problem that's keeping him from locating the way he wants. The pitch he hit was way above the catcher's target.

And this may sound silly, but as we all know there is a "friendly competition" going on regarding first pitch strikes and I wonder (out loud) if perhaps some guys are subconsciously more concerned with getting their first offering over than pitching smartly.

It could be a hundred things, both of above, neither, one or the other, something else, who the heck knows. But what I'm left with is Kensing's improvement this season and the belief that as he matures (as a MLer) he be a very good pitcher.

there was nothing wrong with kensing today, the pitch andruw hit was over the outside corner and was not that high. andruw jones is just a good hitter and he was sitting fastball. bad pitch selection? maybe, but he didn't throw a hanging slider like he did to wright or fall behind 3-1 like he has been the last couple of weeks.

the braves were just a better team today.

What I want to know is why they didn't start Tank in the 8th to begin with. After what he did last night and his last couple outings, it didn't make any sense to put in Kensing who's been struggling to protect a one-run lead, unless he has been used a lot lately, but I don't think he has.

there was nothing wrong with kensing today, the pitch andruw hit was over the outside corner and was not that high. andruw jones is just a good hitter and he was sitting fastball. bad pitch selection? maybe, but he didn't throw a hanging slider like he did to wright or fall behind 3-1 like he has been the last couple of weeks.

the braves were just a better team today.

In fact if you watch the replays on local tv the pitch up, in the center of the strike zone, just above the belt, a perfect hitting zone for Jones.

What Kensing had been able to do until recently was work low, in and out, As I said, it may very well have something to do with hs release point or something else mechanical because he isn't wild, just up.

I think his problem is like Marlins2003 said, that he is not getting his pitches down, especially his fastball. He throws hard enough but he is not Billy Wagner, so he can't get away with mistakes like the one from last night. All i know right now is that he is probably discouraged because he's blown three leads in one week, and the way he looked on the mound yesterday after andrew hit that blast spoke volumes. I think he needs to get his confidence up, maybe not using him as the set up man for a while, let him pitch in a game where we have a greater lead/or losing by 10 and just let him throw the ball without having the responsibility of the set up man.

A couple of things may be at play here.

One, he just isn't getting the ball down like he was a few weeks ago, so it's probably a mechanical problem that's keeping him from locating the way he wants. The pitch he hit was way above the catcher's target.

And this may sound silly, but as we all know there is a "friendly competition" going on regarding first pitch strikes and I wonder (out loud) if perhaps some guys are subconsciously more concerned with getting their first offering over than pitching smartly.

It could be a hundred things, both of above, neither, one or the other, something else, who the heck knows. But what I'm left with is Kensing's improvement this season and the belief that as he matures (as a MLer) he be a very good pitcher.

I thought about that friendly competition last night after he threw that fat, flat first pitch to Jones. I agree with you, a veteran like JOnes is looking for a fat first pitch knowing that the young pitcher wants to get ahead in the count. Andruw will swing at pitches off the plate and is not a guy you want to try to blow a fastball over the plate by. The night before, Tank did not put any over the plate on Andruw and struck him out on a high outside fastball. Oh well, tough loss.