Your WTF Friday Lineup!

Ramp

then why is Amezaga in?

instead of Willingham...no biggie. He's not playing particularly well of late anyway.

I don't know about mezzy leading off though...

I would rather have willingham's power bat in this park.

Because it's been so powerful lately. We have 5 games to let him display his amazing talent.

then why is Amezaga in?

to take mr. ground into double play out of the lineup?

i love this lineup, hanley hasn't been getting on base as of late. drop him in the order, let him find his stroke. amezaga is fine against righties and is more of a pure leadoff hitter than hanley.

i will admit last game was probably willingham's best in months, so it is a bit strange to rest him now, but regardless, he has been terrible for a good month or two now. amezaga adds much more to this team right now than what willingham has been lately. better defense, speed and he gets on base vs righties.

Improves us both offensively and defensively. Anytime you can get Willy off the field it's a plus. LF at this park is tough. The potential power Willy's bat might give us is outweighed by the definite liability he is in the field. His bat may give us a run, but his glove can cost us 4 runs. Maybe it's a pre-cursor to having Pierre. Just cross off Amazega and replace with Pierre. Although I've seen nor heard no talk of this potential trade other than the one thread here.

Why would anyone knock a lineup with Amazin Amezaga in it? I have been so impressed with him. No, he's not an All-Star, but the guy just seems to be a spark plug for this team. If anything, he is one of the smartest players I've seen in a while. He is so fundamentally sound.... When we signed him in the offseason, I didn't even think twice about it. Now, it's proving to be an awesome move.