Barack Obama

Lefty

What are the bodog odds that he'll run for president sometime between now and 2016?

He's only 45 now, so I think he should wait, but I keep hearing good things about him. If ever there were someone to break the barrier, is he the closest?

Or am I just dreaming here?

He is flat out an amazing speaker. He really comes off as someone who actually cares and isnt just a politician. But the machines will throw everything they can at him. The other side has already labeled him a liberal(he probably isnt a centrist) and we all know how that word can be used to attack someone. He would be an amazing president but I dont know if he could get elected. I feel the same way about Russ Feingold but I know he cant get elected.

Also, we can never forget that no Senator has been elected since JFK, and even he barely got elected.

He is flat out an amazing speaker. He really comes off as someone who actually cares and isnt just a politician. But the machines will throw everything they can at him. The other side has already labeled him a liberal(he probably isnt a centrist) and we all know how that word can be used to attack someone. He would be an amazing president but I dont know if he could get elected. I feel the same way about Russ Feingold but I know he cant get elected.

Also, we can never forget that no Senator has been elected since JFK, and even he barely got elected.

I mean...Kerry came awfully close...and it really depends who is running against him at the time.

who knows, maybe we'll see a Jeb vs Barack battle in '16

I think he has the best chance of any minority candidate to get elected in the next decade.

Condi?

No, I don't think so.

She sounds so condescending when she makes speeches, to begin with. Plus she's ugly.

If you don't think appearance matters, just ask ole Richy Nixon.

just curious...are you referring to his debate against kennedy or just in general...

I think he has the best chance of any minority candidate to get elected in the next decade.

Condi?

No, I don't think so.

She sounds so condescending when she makes speeches, to begin with. Plus she's ugly.

just curious...are you referring to his debate against kennedy or just in general... The debate. :lol

Condi?

No, I don't think so.

just curious...are you referring to his debate against kennedy or just in general... The debate. :lol

well i had to ask because lets face it...he wasnt going to be a mr universe candidate either during his presidency...its funny to think about how influential the tv has been...probably decided that election and a hell of a lot of history that followed after it

Obama is way too the left of the American middle that determines elections , i cant see him being a legit presidential candidate unless he radically adjusts his views.Additionally his resume is a tad thin , being a good speaker is nice but substance and achievements would lend some credence to a possible presidential run . I think we have all learned what happens when an inexperienced politician gets elected to the presidency with this current president . On a side the note the first minority elected will be a hispanic , the african american population as a percentage of the American populous is shrinking and African Americans have marginalized their political voices by forming essentially a block vote with in their population , The hispanic population on the other hand has almost equal representation in both political parties and is growing substancially in terms of percentage of the American populous as a whole .

Obama is quite simply an amazing speaker.

If he ever runs, he is going to make a big time run at the highest office in the land. I wouldnt put it past him to actually win it also if he ever ran, which I think it will happen at some point. We shall see.

I dont think an African American named Barack Obama will win the presidency. Is he Muslim by the way? B/c that will hurt his chances further.

condi has no chance in hell. female and black is still decades away. that and she's about as charismatic as a pebble

Black woman could come from Republicans before it could come from Democrats.

Huh??

I do agree that he is too inexperienced right now to rush into a Presidential race. I would like to see him run in the 2012 election, barring a Democratic presidential victory in 2008.

If he ever runs, he is going to make a big time run at the highest office in the land. I wouldnt put it past him to actually win it also if he ever ran, which I think it will happen at some point. We shall see.

I dont think an African American named Barack Obama will win the presidency. Is he Muslim by the way? B/c that will hurt his chances further.

His father was Muslim but he converted to Christianity a while back. It says something about our country that this is even an issue.

People said his name would hold him back in Illinois(too close to Osama). But he won handily and even did well in downstate super conservative Illinois.

His father was Muslim but he converted to Christianity a while back. It says something about our country that this is even an issue.

People said his name would hold him back in Illinois(too close to Osama). But he won handily and even did well in downstate super conservative Illinois.

Yea but obama's opponent dropped out and then alan keyes came into the race late, with really no shot at winning in illinois. So really that victory is not indicative of how he would really do. Curious to see how he does in his next election

Thats true, he was basicially the only game in town when he ran here in Illinois.

Not saying he wasnt deserving or incapable, just that those were in fact the circumstances.

I don't think it will be a problem in the future, as he has become more well known in this country since the last election.

Plus, as long as he doesn't get wrapped up in any scandals, his chance at reelection is something like 90%.

Honestly...

I still think there's a lot of deep seated racism that would keep it from happening within the next 25 years. I think things are getting better, but not that the rate we'd like them, too.

I don't know, I just still see too much racism and inequality to see this happen, yet.

But, who can say? You get a black candidate and people who statistics show normally don't vote might do so in order to endorse/vote against such a candidate.

Guest Juanky

condi has no chance in hell. female and black is still decades away. that and she's about as charismatic as a pebble

Black woman could come from Republicans before it could come from Democrats.Huh??That one is simple. Blacks are so overwhelmingly Democrat that a black candidate running on the Democratic ticket would pick up no extra votes based on the race. Same with women, though not as heavy a majority.

A black woman would receive a lot of crossover votes.