I wouldn't mind leaving Philadelphia...

...with David Dellucci. Better yet, how about this afternoon or tonight before tomorrow's doubleheader.

Seems to me, Pat Gillick, who is oft-quoted saying the Phils are looking for pitching prospects in any trade, might be interested acquiring any number of the Marlins prospects, from a Paul Mildren (1) to a Bostick and Marceaux (2), or in other words, some player or players not named Petit or Pinto.

Trading off David Bell last night signals the beginning of the end of for the 2006 Philadelpia Phillies. By Monday, if any of the trade rumors out there have even an ounce of validity, any number of players on the active roster will be headed elsewhere. It's been reported Beinfest, Fleming and Hill are all in Philadelphia, why not throw your hat into the Dellucci ring as he is an oft-mentioned trade candidate.

Dellucci's salary and contract fit perfectly with the Marlins needs. He is owed approximately $375,000 through the end of the season plus some incentives based on PA ($600,000 over two years - 2005-2006, and BTW, some of his 2006 salary is being paid by Texas) which may or may not kick in. He then becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

In 132 PA so far this season, he's batting .311/.357/.591/.948 with seven homeruns and 21 RBI. To put that in perspective, if he had roughly the same number of at bats as Dan Uggla (361) those numbers translate into 19 homeruns and at least 57 RBI.

A little more on my thinking. Dellucci has been primarily used as a pinch hitter up until this last week when Gillick decided to showcase him, so he's reasonably fresh. He could be the guy who bats behind Cabrera in the fifth spot and would mean the end of Abercrombie (not a shot at the kid) and an outfield made up of Hermida, Ross, Dellucci, Borchard and Willingham.

Something to think about. And with Admin and company already in town, it would be a shame to leave without him.

Pinto for Dellucci? Done :)

vs lefties: Willingham and Ross

vs righties: Ross and Dellucci

I'd do it, as long as dellucci understands he's not a summer rental. I wouldn't do Pinto for a half-season of Dellucci

Dellucci would most likely be a summer rental... why wouldnt he?

I'd do it, as long as dellucci understands he's not a summer rental. I wouldn't do Pinto for a half-season of Dellucci

why wouldn't we resign him? It wouldn't be worth a prospect for Dellucci at this point, for just the rest of this season.

why wouldn't we resign him? It wouldn't be worth a prospect for Dellucci at this point, for just the rest of this season.

Are you on board for the idea that the Marlins should make a move to try and make the Wild Card? Because if you are, this is the kind of summer rental that would benefit the team. I would be more inclined to acquire Rheal Cormier as we could likely get him for a bucket of warm spit

um... this is how baseball works