Twins Rotation

chefbob

The pitching they've got down on the farm is unparalleled, possibly to even that of the Marlins.

All these guys like Kevin Slowey, Anthony Swarzak, Jay Raineville, Kyle Waldrop, J.D. Durbin, Glen Perkins.....it's just insane.

I've been reading that Gardenhire is really vouching to the FO for Garza to get the call

It's sad that Carl Pohlad is such a sh*tty owner. He's one of, if not the richest, owners in baseball and he has let that team not even come close to reaching their potential with the talent they have had. They should have won a World Series sometime since '99 by now.

The pitching they've got down on the farm is unparalleled, possibly to even that of the Marlins.

All these guys like Kevin Slowey, Anthony Swarzak, Jay Raineville, Kyle Waldrop, J.D. Durbin, Glen Perkins.....it's just insane.

I've been reading that Gardenhire is really vouching to the FO for Garza to get the call

I just hope the Twins don't call anyone up from the Wings because they seem to be headed for the playoffs and need everone they can.

sh*t, I wish I could of seen him play. do the twins have anymore studs playing for the miracle? I go to Ft. Myers often, so if they have anyone worth while to watch, I'll go see them. are the miracle a AA team? and does anyone know what the asheville tourists are?

Fort Myers is a member of the Florid State League which is High-A ball... Asheville is just below that in the South Atlantic League, A ball... A Rockies farm team...

Also, Liriano may go to the DL or at least miss another start and Garza could be called up as a result....

sh*t, I wish I could of seen him play. do the twins have anymore studs playing for the miracle? I go to Ft. Myers often, so if they have anyone worth while to watch.

They've got a few studs still in Ft. Myers...most notably Swarzak. Kyle Waldrop was just called up a couple of weeks ago from Beloit to Ft. Myers as well. Trevor Plouffe, young SS (1st round pick in 04) is also playing with them.

I'm almost positive all these guys are on their BA Top Prospect list.

sh*t, I wish I could of seen him play. do the twins have anymore studs playing for the miracle? I go to Ft. Myers often, so if they have anyone worth while to watch.

They've got a few studs still in Ft. Myers...most notably Swarzak. Kyle Waldrop was just called up a couple of weeks ago from Beloit to Ft. Myers as well. Trevor Plouffe, young SS (1st round pick in 04) is also playing with them.

I'm almost positive all these guys are on their BA Top Prospect list.

sweet, I'll have to see them. If I go to a game, I'll try and put up some pics (if i can figure out how to resize the damn things)

How is Swarzak? He's a local kid (Nova)

I saw him pitch a couple of times this season, He's having a good year, although it's in the pitcher-friendly FSL. I think he's definitely on pace for a promotion to AA next season (judging by his stats atleast). Throws heat, mid 90's, his changeup is his primary out pitch.

7-6 W/L

3.63 ERA

119 IP

22 GS

2 CG

1 SHO

48 ER

50 BB

107 K

How is Swarzak? He's a local kid (Nova)

I saw him pitch a couple of times this season, He's having a good year, although it's in the pitcher-friendly FSL. I think he's definitely on pace for a promotion to AA next season (judging by his stats atleast). Throws heat, mid 90's, his changeup is his primary out pitch.

7-6 W/L

3.63 ERA

119 IP

22 GS

2 CG

1 SHO

48 ER

50 BB

107 K

thanks

he just got called up.

DETROIT -- The Twins made a move to try to fix their struggling rotation on Tuesday, calling up top pitching prospect Matt Garza to the big leagues.

The Twins selected the contract of Garza and optioned right-handed pitcher Mike Smith back to Triple-A Rochester. Smith made just one start for the Twins, giving up four earned runs in just three innings while walking three and striking out one on Sunday against the Royals.

Garza is expected to join the Twins in Detroit on Tuesday night. He likely will make his Major League debut on Friday against the Toronto Blue Jays with the fifth spot in the rotation now open, though the Twins have yet to announce it.

The 22-year-old Garza was the Twins' first-round draft pick in 2005 (25th overall selection). He has rocketed through the Twins' Minor League system this year, starting the season at Class A Fort Myers before going to Double-A New Britain and, eventually, ending up at Triple-A Rochester, where he was 3-1 with a 1.85 ERA in five starts before the callup.

In his 23 total starts in the Minors this season, Garza is 14-4 with a 1.99 ERA. He has also recorded 154 strikeouts and issued just 32 walks in 135 2/3 innings.

The promotion also comes just one day after rookie All-Star Francisco Liriano left his start against the Tigers after just four innings due to pain near his left elbow. There was no additional news Tuesday on the extent of the arm troubles for Liriano, but he appears to be out indefinitely until doctors can determine what is causing the pain.

crap

None of the Fish first round picks from last year are even past low A ball....jeez!

It would be nice to be able to say that we had guys progressing quickly through our system, but at the same time we are so loaded with pitching depth that we don't need to push these guys. We've got some guys in the higher levels who still haven't gotten a shot at starting yet, so there isn't any reason to worry. The only thing that concerns me is that while we have a ton of prospects, none of the guys in the majors or minors projects as absolutely dominant, like Liriano, Verlander, or Lester.