The Adventures of Mets Prospect Jeremy Barfield!

Passion

Jeremy Barfield, a 9th round draft pick of the Mets this season and son of former major league all-star Jesse Barfield was cahrged with misdemeanor assault for pushing his father down a flight of staurs Sunday morning.

"[Jeremy Barfield] and his father had some kind of argument that apparently took place on the stairs in his house," police spokesman Lt. John Martin told the newspaper.

"The father was lower on [the] stairs than Jeremy was and ... at some point during [the] argument, Jeremy shoved him and he ended up falling down the stairs and struck his head pretty hard on the floor."

According to police, the alleged altercation began when the Barfields were getting ready for church on Sunday.

Link

He then posted a response on his MySpace account ( :lol :lol :lol ):

"thanks man i appreciate that. we're both doing fine right now. i already went to court this morning about it. my dad never even went to any hospital but that's the media for ya! It's just been blown way out of proportion. I'm not a violent dude and don't intend on being perceived as one. now i know why rappers feel a certain way about the police...i witnessed it first hand. learning experience though. i ain't touchin' nobody from here on out. they're just lookin' for me to screw up."

:lol :lol

I love how he talks like people actually know who he is and would be looking to set him up or are just looking for ways to get him. Too funny.

Kid has a good head on his shoulders.

i ain't touchin' nobody from here on out

Dear Jeremy,

I don't see why you would be touching men in the first place, especially your dad. This isn't your Grand Theft Auto video game, this is something called real life. If you shove somebody down a flight of steps, i think that the cops should be informed. You're a big boy, and i think you need something done to you other than time out.

Sincerely,

Scottolsonsmokestoomuch

Dear Jeremy,

I don't see why you would be touching men in the first place, especially your dad. This isn't your Grand Theft Auto video game, this is something called real life. If you shove somebody down a flight of steps, i think that the cops should be informed. You're a big boy, and i think you need something done to you other than time out.

Sincerely,

Scottolsonsmokestoomuch

very true. good post.