CNN to replay entire LIVE coverage from 9/11/01

Accord

NEW YORK - CNN will mark the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by replaying on the Internet the cable network's coverage of that day's events.

Viewers can watch how events unfolded starting at 8:30 a.m., minutes before the first reports of an airplane hitting the World Trade Center. The feed will run in real time, as the network showed it five years ago, until midnight.

For the day, CNN will make its online video service, CNN Pipeline, available for free. Normally, viewers pay $2.95 a month or $24.95 a year for four separate video feeds.

Online viewers will be able to watch live reports of memorial services through one of the feeds. So that viewers won't accidentally stumble upon graphic footage from 2001, the replay feed will be covered with a notice instructing users to click only if they want to watch.

"Our users may choose to view the stream of coverage from Sept. 11, 2001, or live coverage of memorial services at Ground Zero, or they may click through the numerous interactive elements on the site," said David Payne, senior vice president and general manager of CNN.com. "They have the power to determine the best way for them to remember the anniversary."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/ap_on_hi_te/attacks_cnn

CNN has been doing a good job of milking the 9/11 / terrorism thing lately. I'll probably watch this.

Their Bin Laden special the other night beat out Fox News in the ratings.

Did you see the Bin Laden special? It was a disgusting 2 hour long Al Qaeda recruitment video, everything was positive and made Bin Laden out to be some sort of hero. Every news outlet not named CNN criticized the hell out of CNN for it, even the uber-liberal New York Times called it "disgusting and disgraceful."

CNN has been doing a good job of milking the 9/11 / terrorism thing lately. I'll probably watch this.

Did you see the Bin Laden special? It was a disgusting 2 hour long Al Qaeda recruitment video, everything was positive and made Bin Laden out to be some sort of hero. Every news outlet not named CNN criticized the hell out of CNN for it, even the uber-liberal New York Times called it "disgusting and disgraceful."

Do you expect anything less from CNN?

Do you expect anything less from CNN?

CNN is the reason for quotes like the second one in my signature.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

This is something that I honestly never want to see again. I experienced it once and that was enough. I dont need to "re-live" this experience.

Can you give us some actual links to these other news outlets being critical of CNN?

And I didnt see it, but Id be interested to know what specifically made it a AQ recruitment video.

Can you give us some actual links to these other news outlets being critical of CNN?

And I didnt see it, but Id be interested to know what specifically made it a AQ recruitment video.

It was like a Headliners and Legends, or Behind the Music, except about Bin Laden. He was portrayed as a hero and a champion of the muslim world, no air time was given to any islamic critics of Bin Laden, and his horrible murderous acts are explained away as the result of association with others more violent than he.