Gold Glove catcher

MVPosey

isn't Ausmus having his worst year behind the plate?

Im going with "other" and giving it to Olivo

Ausmus:

tied for the fewest errors of any catcher in the NL (with Johnny Estrada)

leads all NL catchers in fielding percentage

tied for league lead among NL catchers in zone rating (with Yadier Molina, Brian McCann, and RUssell Martin)

second among NL catchers in range factor (behind Michael Barrett)

fewest passed balls among NL catchers

What a surprise...Bonds715* leaves off another Marlin. :plain

lol...anytime I leave a marlin out of a poll, i get crap for it, even if there is no way they deserve to be on there....if i were to do a greatest pitcher of all time poll, i'd probably get crap for leaving off Dontrelle WIllis

lol...anytime I leave a marlin out of a poll, i get crap for it, even if there is no way they deserve to be on there....if i were to do a greatest pitcher of all time poll, i'd probably get crap for leaving off Dontrelle WIllis

Olivo has the highest percentage of throwing runners out you biased tool.

Olivo has the highest percentage of throwing runners out you biased tool.

i'm biased, and yet people on this board mention any marlin and gold glove in the sentence isn't?

First of all, that's not even true...yadier Molina has thrown out 44%, Olivo has thrown out 40%

But regardless, that's probably the most meaningless defensive stat for catchers (aside from catcher's ERA)...throwing out baserunners is much more on the pitcher's pickoff move than the catcher's arm...a battery of Andy Pettitte and Mike Piazza is a lot more likely to throw out a baserunner than a battery of Jason Schmidt and Ivan Rodriguez

of the 10 qualifying catchers, Olivo is 7th in fielding percentage, 8th in zone rating, 4th in most passed balls...that is not GG caliber

This is Pierzynski's to lose. 2 errors all year to go with his .997 fpct and 22 base runners gunned down? That's pretty nice...

can't top Pudge...he just 1 error with a .999 fpct and 3 passed balls compared to Pierzynski's 9...he's also gunned down just one fewer baserunner while Pierzynski has allowed 64 more to steal on the White Sox pitchers