All age group teams

MVPosey

(names in bold are the best at their position overall for this year)

25 & under

C. Joe Mauer

1B. Justin Morneau

2B. Brandon Phillips

3B. Miguel Cabrera

SS. Jose Reyes

LF. Nick Swisher

CF. Grady Sizemore

RF. Alex Rios

RHP. Carlos Zambrano

LHP. Scott Kazmir

26-29

C. Michael Barrett

1B. Ryan Howard

2B. Chase Utley

3B. Garrett Atkins

SS. Bill Hall

LF. Matt Holliday

CF. Carlos Beltran

RF. Brad Hawpe

RHP. Roy Halladay

LHP. Johan Santana

30-34

C. Kenji Johjima

1B. Albert Pujols

2B. Ray Durham

3B. Chipper Jones

SS. Derek Jeter

LF. Manny Ramirez

CF. Johnny Damon

RF. Jermaine Dye

RHP. Chris Carpenter

LHP. Andy Pettitte

35 & over

C. Jorge Posada

1B. Jason Giambi

2B. Craig Biggio

3B. Rich Aurilia

SS. Omar Vizquel

LF. Barry Bonds

CF. Ken Griffey Jr.

RF. Brian Giles

RHP. John Smoltz

LHP. Kenny Rogers

Barry Bonds is not the best LF'er in baseball (for his age group). unless this is like an all-time team kinda thing. obviously barry's not playing well this year..

The only left fielder that's having a better year is manny

for him he's not, for almost any other player in baseball it would be a great year

He leads the majors with a .460 OBP...he's 6th in the NL in OPS, first among left fielders

Barry Bonds is not the best LF'er in baseball (for his age group). unless this is like an all-time team kinda thing. obviously barry's not playing well this year..

for him he's not, for almost any other player in baseball it would be a great year

He leads the majors with a .460 OBP...he's 6th in the NL in OPS, first among left fielders

he's hitting .260 with 20 HR ..he's not the second best leftfielder in the game..I'd take So Taguchi over him.

he's hitting .260 with 20 HR ..he's not the second best leftfielder in the game..I'd take So Taguchi over him.

:plain

:plain

at this point of their careers, yes I would. :plain

I'd take Carl Crawford over Nick Swisher.

definetly

No Andrew Jones anywhere, yet Bonds is there? lmao!!

I wondered about that too. but andruw (it's spelled with a U) is 29 years old. and there's a 30-34 age group and a 25 and under age group. so he doesn't fit into any category

26-29.. he should be there instead of Beltran, Carlos really hasnt done much to be there over him, only when he was with the Astros and now this year, but IMO Jones>Beltran

I wondered about that too. but andruw (it's spelled with a U) is 29 years old. and there's a 30-34 age group and a 25 and under age group. so he doesn't fit into any category

26-29.. he should be there instead of Beltran, Carlos really hasnt done much to be there over him, only when he was with the Astros and now this year, but IMO Jones>Beltran

o, nevermind. didn't see that category. beltran's career is overrated. he's had two great years: '04 and '06. Jones has always had great years. Jones> Beltran.

o, nevermind. didn't see that category. beltran's career is overrated. he's had two great years: '04 and '06. Jones has always had great years. Jones> Beltran.

First of all, this is based solely on this year's performance, and you can't dispute that Beltran has had a better year...

Secondly, from 2001-2005, Beltran has had a better year in 3 of those years (2001, 2003, and 2004)...also this will be the third time in four years where Beltran has had an OPS above .900 (2005 being the only year he didn't), while Jones has only done it twice in his career (2000 and 2005)...also, Beltran's career OPS is .848, while Jones is .847, and that's only because Beltran took longer to breakout