iTunes 7.0 Kicks Ass

Passion

Apple released an update to their iTunes player a few days ago and gave us probably the best upgrade in iTunes history with some graphical improvements and alot of cool features.

To make way for their movie downloading and iPod games they've released a few improvements such as...

A great new view of your album art. It's one of three different views you can now have (one being the standard view). This one allows you to cycle/flip through your albums by way of their album art like you would a real live album collection. Really sweet and I'm not going to come off this view until something better comes along:

Another view simply lists by artist with the album art to the left:

Also for us iPod users the look of the settings for you iPod got alot better and now when you click on your iPod from the left it takes you to settings instead of straight towards your library. Music, TV Shows, and Movies are now seperate:

Gret job, Mr. Jobs. :thumbup

I've been using the last few days ever since I heard the annoucement of the new Ipod Nano/Mini and the 80 GB Hard Drive (which I would imagine Passion would be in the market for :p ) and it has been one of the best versions of iTunes ever. Its so sleek and organizes everything so well that it really is a blast just to sit there and play with the program to discover what other new feature you might find. Highly recommended download if you have an Ipod or even want to organize your media files.

how do you get album covers on your itunes?

I was wondering the same thing. You have to set up an account in the Store (don't worry, you don't have to buy anything) and then go to Advanced>Get Album Artwork and it will go through and download the artwork for any music you have on iTunes that's available for purchase in the Apple Store. In Edit>Preferences>General tab there is also a checkbox to add the missing artwork for any music you import.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/m...onalbumart.html

As far as the new itunes it is great! The look changes alot and damn does that store keep growing now with the movies and games for your ipod. However, there has been problems reported already with the sound and missing music files... Like always there is never a perfect update but hey what can you do...

You can also manually add it (that's what I've done prior to 7.0) by copying the image, Amazon is awesome for this, and pasting it in when you mass select the songs in an album, right clicking get info, and then pasting it in. With 7.0 you won't need to do that.

With the new version you can right click a file and select get album artwork manually or just do what Stranded said.

Funny you should post this now -- it just finished downloading on my computer (my Mac does that automatically). Haven't opened it yet, but it looks pretty sweet from those pics.

Oh, yeah... Jobs is the man.

My Mac does the same thing too! This news is a little old for us mac users (but then again, we are always ahead of the rest :mischief ).

Funny you should post this now -- it just finished downloading on my computer (my Mac does that automatically). Haven't opened it yet, but it looks pretty sweet from those pics.

My Mac does the same thing too! This news is a little old for us mac users (but then again, we are always ahead of the rest :mischief ).

My Powerbook purchase a couple of years ago was one of my best purchases ever.

I'm enjoying my MacBook so far :thumbup

Did you at one point have a Powerbook and then sell it? If so what did you get for it?

I have a 15" Powerbook with 2GB.

I was wondering the same thing. You have to set up an account in the Store (don't worry, you don't have to buy anything) and then go to Advanced>Get Album Artwork and it will go through and download the artwork for any music you have on iTunes that's available for purchase in the Apple Store. In Edit>Preferences>General tab there is also a checkbox to add the missing artwork for any music you import.

thanks but does anyone have the same procedure for Mac?

:mischief

I want a Mac so bad. Everytime I'm back home and go to the Mac store I feel dead inside when I have to leave empty handed. That store is like a damn candy store to me.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...6fC6RpjY/2.?p=0

*dies*

Save your money and just get MacBook. There's really not much of a difference (lighted keyboard, wider screen, and graphic type programs).

Yea I have an ibook that I purchased about 2-3 yrs ago... I love it... It nearly in PERECT condition... Actually got a new battery from mac because mine was one affected by the recall...

What kind of programs do you guys have installed? Anyone ever played games on theirs before?

s

Never used it for games. Maybe some day though.

Believe it or not I use GarageBand for really basic pre-production. Then I use some of those ideas and transfer them over to Pro Tools.

The I-Photo thing is ridiculously user-friendly too.

Did you at one point have a Powerbook and then sell it? If so what did you get for it?

I have a 15" Powerbook with 2GB.

I'm a new Mac User so I'm not familiar with the older models. Did you add 2GB later on? 2GB seems like a lot two years ago (today its more understandable).

I can not wait until they release Leopard!