Dems Vote Against Needing A Photo I.D To Vote

Passion

I agree 100% that there needs to be a backup in place for the electronic voting machines. Many studies have been done showing that they are very easy to tamper with, and all voting records on the machine are cleared if they are turned off at any point.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but Neil Bush (the President's other brother) owns a company that also owns stock or shares in a company that makes these voting machines.

I don't know if anyone knows this, but Neil Bush (the President's other brother) owns a company that also owns stock or shares in a company that makes these voting machines.

OMG Conspiracy.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but it's a little odd.

What's odd that the man own stocks in a company that probably boomed after the 2000 election, as most counties/cities/states converted to electronic? That's not odd, it's just a good investment. Dude's probably a lot richer now.

OmG tEh ReYeT wInG cOn$pIrAcY $TrIkE$ @g@1n!!!!!1111

republicans are notorious for rooting for rain on election days...why? because they want less to people to vote

Typical South Florida fans.

Rain does help the Republicans a lot though, as there's a higher percentage of absentee voters that are republicans than democrats

I don't see the connection between the two. There are going to be the same number of absentee voters whether it rains or not.

with out the benefit of having read the 4 previous pages of post and lacking the desire to due so , on the topic of needing a photo id , i see no problem with this in fact when i went to vote in the primary in september i was asked to show my drivers license , if someone is who they claim to be they should have no problem proving it and it is not hard at all to get a photo identification of some sort if a not a dl you can get a state identification card

Florida Photo ID - $3

As I mentioned earlier, is that part of the legislation? Because the TSA requires ID, but ONLY driver's license or some kind of government worker id.

No they don't.

They allow any government issued photo I.D. Which would include a state photo I.D which people who don't have a license or have a license that is suspended or revoked use or who just want some type of official identification.

This is a good idea.

Voting against it or requiring people to show I.D before they vote?I know I'm replying late, and I'll read through the topic later to see the opinions. But I think it's a good idea to require photo ids.

Florida Photo ID - $3

As I mentioned earlier, is that part of the legislation? Because the TSA requires ID, but ONLY driver's license or some kind of government worker id.

No they don't.

They allow any government issued photo I.D. Which would include a state photo I.D which people who don't have a license or have a license that is suspended or revoked use or who just want some type of official identification.

Then I have a bone to pick with FLL, because I missed a flight last year because I only had my state ID and they wouldn't allow me past security checkpoint. :mischief2

Florida Photo ID - $3

No they don't.

Then I have a bone to pick with FLL, because I missed a flight last year because I only had my state ID and they wouldn't allow me past security checkpoint. :mischief2

A Florida State ID is just as valid an ID as a DL. The people working at FLL are ignorant sluts.

OK, I think I'm going to respond to a few things now...

1. Accord, looking at your signature makes me want to punch you in the stomach, Zionist or not. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be talking if I were you. After all, this is how your Condi looks all the time: http://www.clubivy.org/condi.html

2. The big hangup for photo IDs is always finding a way to get to the registration office to get one. In rural communities, distance is a factor. For working-class people, time out of work is more of a factor. How do you expect to remedy these?

After reading through a bunch of these (and then stopping in the middle because redundancy is boring), I have a couple of things

First:

Voting is NOT a right it is a privilege.

No.

Second:

I like the idea of having a paper trail on electronic voting machines. But that's not the issue at hand right now.

Third:

Like someone already mentioned, a Florida ID card is $3. That's not a fee that is going to break the poor - losing the hour or more off of work when most poor people work by the hour is what hurts. But then again, they could just vote by absentee if they really wanted to, so they shouldn't complain if they don't vote.

Fourth:

If it's really that big of a deal, raise everyone's taxes by $5 once every four years (make the IDs renewed every presidential election, since that's the most important election) to pay for the IDs. That way there's only one cost instead of the opportunity cost of losing time and transportation fees.

Fifth:

Let's stick to state IDs, please. No national IDs.

Sixth:

This already happens in Florida anyways.

I'm done now.

Just because something is a right doesn't mean it's absolute. Freedom of speech is limited at times just like voting is.

However, every citizen that is of age has a right to vote. Without voting being a right rather than a privilege, the system loses its basic foundation.