Passion Doesn't Know How To Label His Music

Passion

My album cover did not have "We Salute You" on it.

Interestingly enough, if you look carefully at the vinyl that Beetle was nice enough to provide, you will see that on the track listing it reads:

For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) as oppossed to:

For Those About To Rock We Salute You

therefore supporting that it may have been titled differently during different pressings or

the title on the cover is different than the title on the actual vinyl

For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) is the name of the first song on the album. The name of the album itself does not use the parentheses.

The title is shortened to "For Those About To Rock" on the album cover art (the "We Salute You" part of the name was printed on the back cover, IIRC).

Granted, this IS confusing; though not that unusual for rock bands of that era to get "creative" with their album names and/or cover artwork. Take Velvet Underground & Nico's first album, for example.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, new question and I'm re-naming this just because I'm probably going to be asking more.

So I get in this discussion today at work with my friend. He is looking through my iPod and see Led Zeppelin's fourth album which I have listed as 'Led Zeppelin IV'. I am aware that it has no official title as there is no title on the CD jacket or the disc. It's referred to as what I have it as and by avariety of other titles (ZOSO).

He tells me that it should be listed as Untitled because it has no official title.

So who's right and what would you put it as?

Ok, new question and I'm re-naming this just because I'm probably going to be asking more.

So I get in this discussion today at work with my friend. He is looking through my iPod and see Led Zeppelin's fourth album which I have listed as 'Led Zeppelin IV'. I am aware that it has no official title as there is no title on the CD jacket or the disc. It's referred to as what I have it as and by avariety of other titles (ZOSO).

He tells me that it should be listed as Untitled because it has no official title.

So who's right and what would you put it as?

The fourth Led Zep CD has no official title, your friend is correct. Zoso is its popular name because that's one of the symbols on the cover that one of the bandmates chose to represent himself (I believe it was Page's). Led Zeppelin IV is obviously because it was the fourth guy.

If you want "official," go Untitled. No one will notice if you put Led Zeppelin IV, though.

• 1 month later...

Coheed and Cambria

-or-

Coheed & Cambria

I say the former

Former.

Did I tell you the drummer and bassist left? The band chugs on and they'll be replaced, just saying.

• 7 months later...