XM NavTraffic is finally available in Palm Beach County!

Accord

I've got XM NavTraffic, but up until now service was only available when I traveled into Broward and Dade counties, but I just received this e-mail from Pioneer and XM:

Every year we try to top the last by offering you products with more advanced features that make your driving easier and more enjoyable. This year we want to reduce the amount of time you spend stuck in West Palm Beach traffic by making sure you know that XM Nav Traffic? service is now available in your area.

Don't Get Stuck in Bumper-to-Bumper on Dixie Highway or Southern Blvd

If there is a traffic jam on your route, the navigation system will automatically alert you about the traffic ahead, and suggest alternate routes. In addition, you can see how fast traffic is flowing based on color - red for slow, yellow for stop-and-go, and green for free flowing traffic. A circle icon along the route indicates the average speed of traffic in the area. *

Traffic Incident Data & Icons

Icons on the map will be shown for incidents such as lane closures, sporting events and accidents. You can also drill down to detailed information about the length and severity of the traffic problem.

XM Traffic and Radio

To get the detailed traffic information on our current navigation units -- AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVIC-D2,-- as well as on the AVIC-N1 (software upgrade required**), AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1, you will need Pioneer's XM digital satellite data & audio receiver (GEX-P10XMT) and a subscription. With a subscription to both traffic and audio services, you can also receive more than a 170 channels of XM Satellite Radio.

From Boca Raton to Tequesta

The traffic coverage area includes all of West Palm Beach and extends well beyond to encompass suburbs like Royal Palm Beach, Greenacres and Belle Glade. Also, if you are taking a long road trip, traffic is available in 44 major metropolitan areas. More info.

Three Options

You can get XM Nav Traffic? with three new unique models and with the older models like the AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1. All models have touch-screens and have the same map software and navigation functionality. However, there are differences:

AVIC-Z1

Hard disk drive memory navigation system that allows for Enhanced Voice Control and Smart Routing navigational guidance that selects the best route

Allows you to rip up to 10GB of songs to hard-drive memory and search via voice control.

7 inch double-DIN, motorized touch screen

DVD-Video and CD/MP3/WMA playback, integrated iPod? control*, hands-free Bluetooth enabled

*requires optional accessory sold separately

AVIC-N3

DVD memory navigation system that allows you to get visual and audio guidance, listen to FM/AM or satellite radio* and play a DVD for those in the rear seat simultaneously

Single-DIN, screen motorized touch screen

DVD Video and CD/MP3 playback, integrated iPod? control*

AVIC-D2

Double-DIN navigation system with a motorized touch screen smartly hides disc slots.

Two slots - one for the DVD-ROM map disc and a separate slot for CD/MP3/WMA playback.

Rear view camera capable*

Find dealers in your area that carry these models

Road Side Assistance Information, More Icons, Rear View Camera and...

more information at pioneerelectronics.com.

* XM NavTraffic subscription is required and is available only in select markets. NavTraffic features vary by market. Check www.xmnavtraffic.com for service availability, pricing information, and other details. The availability of XM NavTraffic data depends on the ability of the XM antenna to receive a signal. The signal may unavailable if obstructed (e.g., by buildings, mountains, trees, bridges, bad weather, etc.). XM NavTraffic data also may be unavailable or not current if the original data source is not providing data (e.g., scheduled or unscheduled downtime) or has not been updated itself or if there is a time lag between the time the original data source is updated and when you receive the updated XM NavTraffic data.

** Software upgrade for AVIC-N1 requires either CNDV-50MTP or CNDV-60MP upgrade discs.

IPOD is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.

It's about damn time!

Now I have an excellent reason to get an AVIC-Z1. If only I had a spare $2000 lying around...

:(

I wanted the Z1, but it was just too much money and I couldn't justify it, so I went with the much cheaper D2 instead.

I'd love to get a D2, but honestly, sound doesn't mean much of anything to me and I usually know where I'm going. However, if my GTI ever gets modded to a point where I have everything I want and have an extra $1-2k lying around, I certainly wouldn't mind getting one.

Now I have an excellent reason to get an AVIC-Z1. If only I had a spare $2000 lying around...

I wanted the Z1, but it was just too much money and I couldn't justify it, so I went with the much cheaper D2 instead.

I'd love to get a D2, but honestly, sound doesn't mean much of anything to me and I usually know where I'm going. However, if my GTI ever gets modded to a point where I have everything I want and have an extra $1-2k lying around, I certainly wouldn't mind getting one.

The electronic digital performance gauges are awesome, especially the lateral and accerleration g-force meters.

Let's just say, Turnpike on-ramps are a lot more fun :thumbup .

The electronic digital performance gauges are awesome, especially the lateral and accerleration g-force meters.

Let's just say, Turnpike on-ramps are a lot more fun :thumbup .

My car sucks at handling, so I'm not too worried about taking any turns with any type of velocity. I just want to be a lot faster and a lot lower.