The Best of 5 Division Series format is ridiculous

TheDon

To be honest the playoffs themselves are ridiculous considering 162 games should be enough to determine who the best team is in each league.

thats retarded ....you need the playoffs...and ya i agree...mlb should have all 7 game series...it would be perfect like that....3 7-game series

To be honest the playoffs themselves are ridiculous considering 162 games should be enough to determine who the best team is in each league.

thats retarded ....you need the playoffs...and ya i agree...mlb should have all 7 game series...it would be perfect like that....3 7-game series

I agree. We need the playoffs. But I'd like to see 3 7 game series.

Well in a perfect world there would be no playoffs, especially if we wanted to crown a "true" champion.

-A balanced schedule

-No divisions in the league

AL and NL season champion (like in the old days) face off in a World Series, and even then studies have proven a best of 7 isn't very adequate in determining a true league champion.

I like the old format that ended in the mid-90s. Two divisions in each league (no wild card). Two teams make the playoffs in each league and play in either the ALCS or NLCS. World Series after that.

Even though the Wild Card system has made life very interesting for Marlins fans, I tend to agree with you.

With each change baseball makes to its formats and/or rules, it leaves itself open for more changes.

The beauty of baseball is its traditions and statistics. Tampering those will alter everything.

Best of 5 works just dandy. If you win 3 games in the DS, you deserve to move on. If you have a better season than every other team in baseball but let the other team win 3 games, then you don't belong in the CS.

Nothing wrong with the playoff format. Every team that has won it all in this format has deserved it more the other teams.