October 8, 200619 yr i know i'd rather watch the games on TV than go to the stadium... not that i don't enjoy going to the stadium, but i don't think its worth the 20 bucks and 40 minute drive both ways. when i do go, it's either for a big game or when i start feeling bad about the attendance. i feel like i'm gonna get a lot of sh*t for this, but.... what do you guys think?
October 8, 200619 yr I think, that with that statement on any other message board anywhere, I could identify you as a South Florida Marlins fan.
October 8, 200619 yr i know i'd rather watch the games on TV than go to the stadium... not that i don't enjoy going to the stadium, but i don't think its worth the 20 bucks and 40 minute drive both ways. when i do go, it's either for a big game or when i start feeling bad about the attendance. i feel like i'm gonna get a lot of sh*t for this, but.... what do you guys think? Tommy Hutton would have your fingernails pulled out and then would have you beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat but I think you should be able to spend your time and money as you see fit so I see nothing wrong.
October 8, 200619 yr I personally find it to be A LOT more fun to be at the game. Heck, I make a few trips annually every season from NY to Florida and stay for a week plus each time just to go to the games. I watch the rest on TV but it's just not the same.
October 8, 200619 yr Author i know i'd rather watch the games on TV than go to the stadium... not that i don't enjoy going to the stadium, but i don't think its worth the 20 bucks and 40 minute drive both ways. when i do go, it's either for a big game or when i start feeling bad about the attendance. i feel like i'm gonna get a lot of sh*t for this, but.... what do you guys think? Tommy Hutton would have your fingernails pulled out and then would have you beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat but I think you should be able to spend your time and money as you see fit so I see nothing wrong. on a related note, i really enjoy Rich + Tommy's commentary. probably one of the reasons i prefer the TV.
October 8, 200619 yr I personally find it to be A LOT more fun to be at the game. Heck, I make a few trips annually every season from NY to Florida and stay for a week plus each time just to go to the games. I watch the rest on TV but it's just not the same. I feel the same way. There's nothing like being there!
October 8, 200619 yr i know i'd rather watch the games on TV than go to the stadium... not that i don't enjoy going to the stadium, but i don't think its worth the 20 bucks and 40 minute drive both ways. when i do go, it's either for a big game or when i start feeling bad about the attendance. i feel like i'm gonna get a lot of sh*t for this, but.... what do you guys think? You'd rather watch the games on t.v. than go to the stadium??? That's like telling God you'd prefer to stay home rather than go to church! And yes, i'm comparing the marlins to god. No, j/k
October 8, 200619 yr i plan our summer vacations around whos playing in what town, going beats watching any day
October 8, 200619 yr Can't compare going to a game to watching it live...The only thing that is better by watching it on TV is that you can do it in your underwear and there isnt a line to the fridge or bathroom. But being at the stadium is a religious experience!
October 8, 200619 yr on a weekday, when I can't stay for the whole game, I'd prefer to watch it on TV. Especially if it's really hot out, I get annoyed when I'm glued to my seat.
October 8, 200619 yr I would much rather be there at the stadium than at home watching the game. I don't mind spending the money... but the 50 minute drive does suck sometimes.
October 8, 200619 yr I would much rather be there at the stadium than at home watching the game. I don't mind spending the money... but the 50 minute drive does suck sometimes. I agree
October 8, 200619 yr For me it's much better being there with all other fans in that atmosphere, but it comes down to company. If I had people who will want to go with me it will be much better, but if I can't find someone sometimes is better staying home than going to the park alone.
October 8, 200619 yr i radther go to the stadium and "experience" the game [lol]... but the man lives 40 minutes away give him a break.... especially with piece of sh*t dolphin stadium...lol underconstruction and all.... i dont go to many games i went to a little over 30 games this season... but once the new stadium is built.... expecially if its in hialeah.... i will buy season tickets.... and im already planning on my trip to tampa bay to watch the team play over there in 07....
October 8, 200619 yr nothing can compare to seeing a game in person ,sure it is easier to see a game on tv but a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person .
October 8, 200619 yr Author a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person . please explain this logic to me.
October 8, 200619 yr sure it is easier to see a game on tv but a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person . I disagree. I used to go to 50+ home games a year when I had my season tickets, and I have to admit that at times it was rather tedious. At the beginning of the year I was always pumped up and looking forward to games, but during those long dog days of summer I just did not look forward to going to some games, there were nights where I didn't want to go at all and just wanted to stay home and relax and watch the game on TV instead of making the drive down there and battling rush hour traffic on the turnpike or sitting 3.5 hours in the incredibly uncomfortable seats at PPS, or sit through another 2 hour rain delay, but I always went and I always did it and I like to consider myself one of the "real" fans and not just another stereotypical South Florida fan. This was my first year of not having season tickets in a long time, and my wallet thanked me for it and it's so good just being able to decide "I think I want to go to a game tonight" or "I'd rather just stay home and watch it on TV tonight." When I had season tickets, some of those long never ending games during the dog days of summer were almost like a chore to go to the stadium and sit through, but the grand slams, the big home runs, the walkoff wins, and the magic that's become synonymous with Marlins baseball definitely makes up for it. Also what pissed me off when I had season tickets was the way I was treated by the Marlins season ticket office, it was nothing short of disgraceful and not renewing my season tickets was a rather easy decision, to say the least. Also what pissed me off was I was paying face value time two for my seats when EVERY SINGLE WEEK they had the Half Price Wednesday and Two For Tuesday offers, season ticket holders who spend thousands of dollars paying full price for those games and casual fans paying half price just didn't seem fair to me IMO, but this season I made up for it by going to almost every single Two For Tuesday or Half Price Wednesday game since I didn't have season tickets :mischief .
October 8, 200619 yr a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person . please explain this logic to me. my logic is simple if you can be there why would you not want to be in the stands rooting on your team? , i know d.s is a shite hole , the weather is often miserable , but wouldnt you prefer to witness the game in person if you could as opposed to watching on tv. i personally hate watching games on tv or worse going to a game in person and we are outnumbered by opposing fans for "home" games sure it is easier to see a game on tv but a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person . I disagree. I used to go to 50+ home games a year when I had my season tickets, and I have to admit that at times it was rather tedious. At the beginning of the year I was always pumped up and looking forward to games, but during those long dog days of summer I just did not look forward to going to some games, there were nights where I didn't want to go at all and just wanted to stay home and relax and watch the game on TV instead of making the drive down there and battling rush hour traffic on the turnpike or sitting 3.5 hours in the incredibly uncomfortable seats at PPS, or sit through another 2 hour rain delay, but I always went and I always did it and I like to consider myself one of the "real" fans and not just another stereotypical South Florida fan. This was my first year of not having season tickets in a long time, and my wallet thanked me for it and it's so good just being able to decide "I think I want to go to a game tonight" or "I'd rather just stay home and watch it on TV tonight." When I had season tickets, some of those long never ending games during the dog days of summer were almost like a chore to go to the stadium and sit through, but the grand slams, the big home runs, the walkoff wins, and the magic that's become synonymous with Marlins baseball definitely makes up for it. Also what pissed me off when I had season tickets was the way I was treated by the Marlins season ticket office, it was nothing short of disgraceful and not renewing my season tickets was a rather easy decision, to say the least. Also what pissed me off was I was paying face value time two for my seats when EVERY SINGLE WEEK they had the Half Price Wednesday and Two For Tuesday offers, season ticket holders who spend thousands of dollars paying full price for those games and casual fans paying half price just didn't seem fair to me IMO, but this season I made up for it by going to almost every single Two For Tuesday or Half Price Wednesday game since I didn't have season tickets :mischief . If your experience was better in dealing with the Marlin season ticket office and if the Marlins had a better stadium as a Marlins fan wouldnt you prefer to watch a game in person as opposed to watching it on tv (provided it did not provide financial hardship , or major travel inconvience etc ) ...all things equal wouldnt you want to be there ?
October 8, 200619 yr I prefer going to watch the game 10x's more than watching it at home. But truth be told often I have class work, regular work work, etc. and I can't get that sh*t done at the stadium. Atleast at home I can be productive. I'll add that I also get tickets for free so I'm not gonna talk crap about people who can't afford it because it is an expensive event. It's atleast 30-40 p/p to go see a game and for alot of people in South Florida thats unaffordable. Just my .02
October 8, 200619 yr I prefer going to watch the game 10x's more than watching it at home. But truth be told often I have class work, regular work work, etc. and I can't get that sh*t done at the stadium. Atleast at home I can be productive. I'll add that I also get tickets for free so I'm not gonna talk crap about people who can't afford it because it is an expensive event. It's atleast 30-40 p/p to go see a game and for alot of people in South Florida thats unaffordable. Just my .02 I am in the same boat financially i could not afford to go every game nor would i have the time as i live a long long long way from d.s. i enjoy the times i go to the games in person and wish i could go to more games. to me watching a game in person all things equal is the prefered method
October 8, 200619 yr Author a real fan goes to as many games as they can go to in person . please explain this logic to me. but wouldnt you prefer to witness the game in person if you could as opposed to watching on tv. obviously not.
October 8, 200619 yr I think the poster makes a great point. Baseball MUST make it an ideal experience for fans since "true" fans (season ticket holders) must basically commit half a year to the team. As a Dolphin fan, I don't mind dealing with the hassle 8 times per year for 1:00 o'clock games. For anyone who has a job, it's almost impossible to expect them to battle traffic and sit in the heat, with the chance of a rain delay, 81 times per year. With so many other options out there, it's simply not worth it to devote yourself to going to so many games per year if it's going to be such a hassle when you can watch it from the comfort of your own home. If I have to go to come home from work then sit through traffic for 40 minutes, pay a ton for parking, watch games continually under the threat of a rain delay, and battle traffic leaving, I would much rather watch it from the house.
October 8, 200619 yr I'd like to make it out to the stadium every now and then, but for the most part I'd rather watch the games from home.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.