Don Sutton may join Rich Waltz & Tommy Hutton in the booth

CapeFish

No Sutton please! I usually put the braves games on if I'm suffering from insomnia...hearing Sutton's voice helps me sleep.

I like THutton. The only thing I don't like about him is that I can't stand his whining about fans not coming to the ballpark. I understand his gripes, but he is the TV guy, and should focus 100% of his energy on making the best telecasts possible - not calling out the only fans we've got (even if they only watch on TV).

I also don't like how he does the "his name is Dan Uggla" thing with Waltz. You know he didn't come up with that, and was talked into doing it with Waltzy...it is OK when Uggla hits a HR on they show it on ESPN, but these guys are the local announcers...everyone watching them (including myself) knows who Dan Uggla is...hopefully we won't be doing that next year.

Can't stop using "His Name Is Dan Uggla" that is awesome thats Uggla's signature!

Tommy Hutton will not be going anywhere. He is expected to be back in his color analyst capacity on FSN Florida and Sun Sports next year doing Marlins telecasts. Same thing with Rich Waltz.

The HD production of games was available for almost every Marlins game that aired on FSN Florida and the HD feed (720p) is available with the same graphics and audio as the SD feed we all watch. The HD and SD feeds are exactly the same and will not change into seperate programs. The HD feed just has a better quality picture. Similar to a live stream of the same thing at 56k vs. Broadband Speed.

Don Sutton would only be added if he wants to join like he showed interest in doing back before Rich Waltz was hired. He is an excellent compliment to and friend of Tommy Hutton and would help Marlins telecasts in the pitch explanation department. Word also has it that Tommy Hutton may be asked to take on a larger role with the MLB on FOX.

Right now this is all speculation of things that could happen, but Sutton is very much a fan of the Marlins and was the most popular Braves announcer.

Sutton's best odds are going with a West Coast team or with his son in Milwaukee as a 3-man booth there, but the Marlins could be on his list again and I wanted to alert y'all to that.

no thanks, Tommy Hutton and Rich Waltz get it done. those guys crack me up just leave it the way it is lol

I agree, it took awhile to get used to Rich but they are funny as hell when the game is not as exciting as it could be. My only qualm with Tommy is he is always talking about attendance. Rich does it but in a more nonchalant way. I would rather have Leiter if anyone, rather than Sutton.

I like THutton. The only thing I don't like about him is that I can't stand his whining about fans not coming to the ballpark. I understand his gripes, but he is the TV guy, and should focus 100% of his energy on making the best telecasts possible - not calling out the only fans we've got (even if they only watch on TV).

I also don't like how he does the "his name is Dan Uggla" thing with Waltz. You know he didn't come up with that, and was talked into doing it with Waltzy...it is OK when Uggla hits a HR on they show it on ESPN, but these guys are the local announcers...everyone watching them (including myself) knows who Dan Uggla is...hopefully we won't be doing that next year.

Yeah, exactly. Seems like TMoney is always whining about something, whether it be the attendance, that a player is getting no love, or arguing with the scorekeeper. And when for some reason he's not whining, he's sucking the other team's dick. And oh, like you already mentioned, his gimmicks are overplayed and lame.

Everytime he whines about the attendance I throw sh*t at the TV. It pisses me off to no end.

For those that think Hutton's seat in the FSN/Sun Sports booth is gauranteed, think again.

Do you really think the FSN/Sun Sports management is pleased with Tommy constantly telling their PAYING audience that they are bad fans for not showing up at games?

I have no insight and I am not trying to spread rumors. But in my opinion FSN management has one of two paths to take. Either rid themselves of Tommy or remind him that their audience is a paying audience(FSN is not free) that spends money at their paying sponsors and he needs to tone down his anti-fan talk.

If not enough people are not showing up at games for Tommy then he should preach less and ask more questions.

Hutton has passion, that's why he's the man.

Seriously, you guys should get MLB Extra Innings just to see how much better Waltz and Hutton are compared to every other announcer in baseball. You don't realize how good you have it.

I have MLB Extra Innings. I think Hutton is a much better homer and shill than most other color guys. I think Waltz is fine compared to other play-by-play guys.

Hutton blows. His jokes are just sad. He constantly bitches about the lack of fans. Deal with it, endlessly complaining about it hasn't helped and won't ever help.

Hutton sticks up for his team, ravages the umps, calls out the managers, and really is a fan at work.

Hutton blows. His jokes are just sad. He constantly bitches about the lack of fans. Deal with it, endlessly complaining about it hasn't helped and won't ever help.

Hutton sticks up for his team, ravages the umps, calls out the managers, and really is a fan at work.

Before this season Hutton never questioned anything any of our managers ever did. He began questioning and even ridiculing Girardi after it was obvious Girardi was getting fired.

Before this season Hutton never questioned anything any of our managers ever did. He began questioning and even ridiculing Girardi after it was obvious Girardi was getting fired.

I noticed that too, that he started in on decisions like when/who to bring in from the pen, etc.

What's funny about this thread is that just about everyone that is complaining about Tommy's attendance remarks actually live pretty close to the stadium and yet are sitting at home watching the games on TV. Apparently they don't like Tommy talking about them so openly. So what do they do about it? They go to a sports board and complain about Tommy complaining about them. Must be Tommy's fault that he sees under 15K average attendance and he cares enough about the team and it's future to say something about it. "Let's get rid of Tommy so I can watch the game on my TV in peace and look out my window to see the fireworks every time the Marlins hit a home run or win a game."

Yea, yea, yea. I know. It's the traffic flow, heat, rain, lousy stadium, what time the sun sets, had to sort out your sock drawer, etc... I think I have heard just about every excuse there is. So get creative people. Let your imaginations run wild and give us some new excuses. The old ones are pretty worn out and have been shot down enough times. We need new comedy here!!!

Yea, yea, yea. I know. It's the traffic flow, heat, rain, lousy stadium, what time the sun sets, had to sort out your sock drawer, etc... I think I have heard just about every excuse there is. So get creative people. Let your imaginations run wild and give us some new excuses. The old ones are pretty worn out and have been shot down enough times. We need new comedy here!!!

El ni?o. About damn time we start blaming it again.

If I remember correctly El Ni?o was in '97 and that was a good year attendance wise.

No attendance records were set in '97 regular season. Nothing attendance wise until the Fish were solidly in the running for the WC. I guess the wind pattern blew away the traffic patterns then.

Here's my guess. Traffic flow/traffic patterns have been misnamed to keep the panic level at a minimum in South Florida. Actually "it" is a Black Hole, kind of an inland Bermuda Triangle south of the current home of the Fish that swallows up only Marlins fans 15,000-30,000 at a time. And yet "it" is a very mysterious phenomenom that magically disappears for big games or when the Marlins make the play offs. Then again, during the regular season "it" somehow reappears on week ends swallowing up only Marlins fans by the tens of thousands. How does "it" know?? Does "it" have eyes and can see into cars to determine what team's hats or t-shirts are on the occupants??? Does "it" check for bumper stickers or to see if the car is a rental?? I tell ya, studies need to be done. We need answers here. At least we ought to have a name for "it". When at least this much is accomplished then all those that live close to the stadium from the south can let Tommy know they would love and prefer to be at the games but that "it" thing has them too scared to travel north an hour or two before game times. That would turn a poor excuse into a reason.