The 2006 World Series: Detroit Tigers VS. St. Louis Cardinals

Passion

Leyland has used two of their three best relievers for the rout (Rodney and Jones) and now he has Zumaya warming up in the pen with the Tigers down 7-1 in the top of the 9th.

I have no idea as to why he's doing that. Maybe to get them into a world series game for the first time, to get the jitters out. that's all I can think of..

polanco aint exactly good lookin with that weird ass shaped head of his.

:lol ..his skull sticks out awkardly. kinda weird.

Am I the only one that things Magglio's hair is cool?

pierremvp hit the nail on the head so far with his assessment of verlander.

Yeah. What the hell? That post is ridiculous.

Quoted here:

Detroit has a huge edge in pitching, and is the deserved favorite. But I wouldn't bury the Cards alltogether. Detroit's best pitcher is Verlander, who's young and inexperienced, and so he's liable to think he can outsmart Pujols. They can get 2 good starts and wins from the overall best and most experienced pitcher in the Series, Carpenter. They have a chance if there bats get hot, specificaly if Rolen and Pujols start hitting home runs. It's a boring Series before it starts, but who knows. If Rolen hits a HR in the 2nd and Pujols hits a HR in the 3rd and the Cards get rolling early, and the Cards jump up and win Game 1, then it get's interesting. That's why they play them.

He called the inexperience of Verlander in going after Pujols when he really didn't have to. And he not only called the two HRs, but he called the exact innings in which they occurred. I demand an investigation. Dude, tell us what's gonna happen in Game 2, so I can place some bets.

Quoted here:

Detroit has a huge edge in pitching, and is the deserved favorite. But I wouldn't bury the Cards alltogether. Detroit's best pitcher is Verlander, who's young and inexperienced, and so he's liable to think he can outsmart Pujols. They can get 2 good starts and wins from the overall best and most experienced pitcher in the Series, Carpenter. They have a chance if there bats get hot, specificaly if Rolen and Pujols start hitting home runs. It's a boring Series before it starts, but who knows. If Rolen hits a HR in the 2nd and Pujols hits a HR in the 3rd and the Cards get rolling early, and the Cards jump up and win Game 1, then it get's interesting. That's why they play them.

He called the inexperience of Verlander in going after Pujols when he really didn't have to. And he not only called the two HRs, but he called the exact innings in which they occurred. I demand an investigation. Dude, tell us what's gonna happen in Game 2, so I can place some bets.

Holy sh*t.

Quoted here:

Is it the Alcohol or am I really reading this? :o