Heat @ Nugs

Libelula

WTF George Karl? The Heat are pretty much giving up (Down 16 with 4 minutes left) by playing Barron, Hite, Quinn, Posey, and Wright and Karl counters with Carmelo, JR Smith, Andre Miller, and Najera. Only put Smith in to get his career high. On top of that, Barry and Jones are some of the worst announcers ever. All they say when JR Smith has the ball is "PULL UP" or "SHOOT IT."

this is really bad...like watching Hite and Quinn get minutes though.

At least Riley admitted that it is time to address the PG situation. He says that they will look to add a point guard in the coming week. This will be interesting to see what happens. There is not much in the way of free agent options. I guess the top free agent PGs available are Milt Palacio, Howard Eisley, and Anthony Carter. There might be some trade options out there(Steve Blake, Jason Hart, Dan Dickau, Earl Watson, etc.) but i'm not sure what we'd have to give up. I think i'd be willing to move Doleac or Simien, but not Kapono.

No way he deals Doleac. That would mean that without Shaq, our 2nd Center off the bench is Earl Barron. I loved watching him last night but he's not ready. It's like his hands were covered in butter or something. With the rumors about Posey and Walker getting dealt, I see one of them going since Wright and Kapono (Both Small Forwards) have looked real good.

No way he deals Doleac. That would mean that without Shaq, our 2nd Center off the bench is Earl Barron. I loved watching him last night but he's not ready. It's like his hands were covered in butter or something. With the rumors about Posey and Walker getting dealt, I see one of them going since Wright and Kapono (Both Small Forwards) have looked real good.

The obvious preference would be to trade Walker, but given his contract it would be difficult to trade him for just a back up PG. He could be used in a larger trade, but we'd have to take on another team's bad contract. Posey would be a lot more attractive for other teams given his defense and expiring contract, but I can't see the Heat moving him for a back up PG. I personally wouldn't trade him given his 3 point accuracy unless it was for someone like Maggette.

I'm thinking that if a trade is made it will be something small like Anderson for Gerald Fitch last year. Jason Hart isn't getting any playing time in Sacramento and Steve Blake is getting limited minutes with the Bucks. I believe those are two guys that the Riley has liked in the past. So maybe something small can be worked out there. Given Payton's age and the constant uncertainty with JWill's knee, i'm willing to try anything at PG, so long as it isn't Anthony Carter.

One other thing that could be interesting could be the Iverson trade. I'm not suggesting that the Heat trade for AI, but perhaps if another team needs a 3rd part to make a deal work, maybe we can get involved. Perhaps the Heat could dump Walker on someone to help match salaries for another team in return for an upgrade at PG or another area. Probably won't happen, but if Philly really is desperate to move AI, it could be something for the Heat to look into.