DTrain arrested in Miami Beach for DUI

Will this have any effect how much he makes in arbitration this year? I doubt it, but just want to confirm.

As of now it will have no effect because he hasnt gotten convicted of anything. If he gets convicted then my guess would be it could have an extremely minimal effect.

"Married men should not be out on South Beach at 4am."??????? I think you take that ball and chain joke a little too serious. Have you never heard of a man's/woman's night out? It dosen't mean they are out looking for a little something on the side. Just out to have some fun with friends. Or do you believe married people shouldn't be allowed to have fun with friends? Or that the club scene is for singles only?

So you'd be okay with your wife out at South Beach at 4 am?

>

As for the drinking... there are times in my past that I could've been pulled over & was over the legal limit. Doesn't make it right of course. But I don't judge him any differently than I did before. Lots of people cut loose from time to time, especially when they're his age. Is it irresponsible? Absolutely.

>

They should have Sanchez be the opening day starter and do some special ceremony before the game commemorating his no hitter.

He might get a ceremony on his first start, but you can't take Opening Day away from Dontrelle unless he does something on the field to warrant it. Opening Day is for your best pitcher.

Besides, Opening Day is away this year so Sanchez might just get lucky and pitch the home opener (I believe we only have a three game away series at Washington and then are back in Miami, plus the opening three will likely be Willis-JJ-Olsen).

They should have Sanchez be the opening day starter and do some special ceremony before the game commemorating his no hitter.

They arent going to do anything for Anibal Sanchez's no hitter because they already did a whole ceremony for it last season... Gave him the pitching mound that he used framed, they gave Olivo the home plate framed...etc

Also, just because Dontrelle gets a DUI doesnt mean he shouldnt start opening day. If Willis performs decent is ST there is no reason why the Train shouldnt get the ball game 1 against the Nats

I don't want to downplay Dontrelle's actions but he made one bad decision that turned into several bad decisions. I have all the confidence that Dontrelle will apologize to the public, explain to the kids, learn from his mistake and be back better than ever. In the end I think his talk from Mama Willis will far more intense than the legal side of this.

I will say one thing that is not part of the story. Married men should not be out on South Beach at 4am. I have no idea if his wife was with him but if she was I would think he would have been bailed out sooner than he was.

"Married men should not be out on South Beach at 4am."??????? I think you take that ball and chain joke a little too serious. Have you never heard of a man's/woman's night out? It dosen't mean they are out looking for a little something on the side. Just out to have some fun with friends. Or do you believe married people shouldn't be allowed to have fun with friends? Or that the club scene is for singles only?

Bob, since I posted this I might as well back it up. I repeat, married men should not be on South Beach at 4am. Does it mean they can NEVER be for special occassions, etc? Of course not. But two weeks after your wedding? I was married in 1993. I have remained married since 1993. I have wanted to stay married since 1993. If you think for a moment that means I don't find other women attractive ya nuts. If you think that a marriage certificate alone will cast some magical spell on you so that alcohol + other women + marriage certificate will not equal disaster you probably are not married. Let me say that another way. I would be surprised if a married man feels that way.

Ball and chain? If that's what you think marriage is then you are not ready for marriage and that's fine. Marriage is tough and often a pain in the ass but anything in life worthwhile that you really want usually is. When you get married other women do not become less attractive, they become more attractive because now they are the forbidden fruit. If your body is important to you you don't regularly go to Dairy Queen. If you hate losing money you don't go to Calder each weekend. If you want to remain married you are not at clubs at 4am with alcohol, gorgeous women and an aura of sex everywhere...especially when you walk in as Dontrelle Willis and you are the man.

My point is we all feel that what alcohol caused Dontrelle to do that night was certainly not what he intended. If it made him feel secure enough to risk his public image, breaking the law and embarrassing his mother and himself then it certainly would not put up the stop sign for casual sex. Lastly, is the club scene for singles only? The club scene is for singles and those that miss being single. And those that probably will be single once again.

I hate it when people jump on somebody for some stupid crap! Dontrelle Willis is a F**king human being. Making such a big deal out of it. He is a married man, and I'm sure it was among family, because if it was him fooling around, then his wife would be in the medias ear aswell, it's called celebration, and a couple of damn cops trying to get some coverage out of it. He is one of the biggest icons in baseball, and now the media wants to pick on him, just like they tried on Cabrera with that all communist thing with Chavez, if it becomes a habit I'll agree, but stop making such a big deal out of this one incident, I don't believe half of the BS I read anyway, and it'll get worse, I have a feeling they are in for him.

I hate it when people jump on somebody for some stupid crap! Dontrelle Willis is a F**king human being. Making such a big deal out of it. He is a married man, and I'm sure it was among family, because if it was him fooling around, then his wife would be in the medias ear aswell, it's called celebration, and a couple of damn cops trying to get some coverage out of it. He is one of the biggest icons in baseball, and now the media wants to pick on him, just like they tried on Cabrera with that all communist thing with Chavez, if it becomes a habit I'll agree, but stop making such a big deal out of this one incident, I don't believe half of the BS I read anyway, and it'll get worse, I have a feeling they are in for him.

:rolleyes:

I don't want to downplay Dontrelle's actions but he made one bad decision that turned into several bad decisions. I have all the confidence that Dontrelle will apologize to the public, explain to the kids, learn from his mistake and be back better than ever. In the end I think his talk from Mama Willis will far more intense than the legal side of this.

I will say one thing that is not part of the story. Married men should not be out on South Beach at 4am. I have no idea if his wife was with him but if she was I would think he would have been bailed out sooner than he was.

Bob, since I posted this I might as well back it up. I repeat, married men should not be on South Beach at 4am. Does it mean they can NEVER be for special occassions, etc? Of course not. But two weeks after your wedding? I was married in 1993. I have remained married since 1993. I have wanted to stay married since 1993. If you think for a moment that means I don't find other women attractive ya nuts. If you think that a marriage certificate alone will cast some magical spell on you so that alcohol + other women + marriage certificate will not equal disaster you probably are not married. Let me say that another way. I would be surprised if a married man feels that way.

Ball and chain? If that's what you think marriage is then you are not ready for marriage and that's fine. Marriage is tough and often a pain in the ass but anything in life worthwhile that you really want usually is. When you get married other women do not become less attractive, they become more attractive because now they are the forbidden fruit. If your body is important to you you don't regularly go to Dairy Queen. If you hate losing money you don't go to Calder each weekend. If you want to remain married you are not at clubs at 4am with alcohol, gorgeous women and an aura of sex everywhere...especially when you walk in as Dontrelle Willis and you are the man.

My point is we all feel that what alcohol caused Dontrelle to do that night was certainly not what he intended. If it made him feel secure enough to risk his public image, breaking the law and embarrassing his mother and himself then it certainly would not put up the stop sign for casual sex. Lastly, is the club scene for singles only? The club scene is for singles and those that miss being single. And those that probably will be single once again.

Well said, except for the part about Calder. I go frequently, and I'm a long-term winner.

A lot of the posters here who don't understand the signififance of Dontrelle being on South Beach at 4 AM without his wife are not married, they've never been married, or they're not close to getting married.

I think it speaks to his character and squeecky(sp) clean image, but has no bearing on his on-field performance.

throwing out words like selfish and prideful because dontrelle didn't get another way home doesn't make sense to me. that was not the mistake he made. for most people, when they're tipsy or kinda drunk THEN they're still smart enough to say to themself "you know what, driving home probably wouldn't be a good idea". but assuming that he was 'sh*tfaced', usually people's minds are so impaired at that point that they can't make rational decisions like that. they think they're on top of the world and can do anything. his mistake was not knowing his limit and even getting to that point. if you can get piss drunk and still be rational then good for you but that's not how an average person responds.

Meh, not a big deal

DUI's should be excused if it's the first time (although I do think

As for the public urination, come on...everyone does that

Don't be stupid. We have laws to protect society. According to your philosophy, I can get hammered and get behind the wheel of my Ford F-250 without any hesitation just because I haven't yet been previously caught. Meanwhile, for all intensive purposes, I'm running around and playing Russian roulette with everyone around me.

As for the urination, do you want to live in a society where everyone pisses whenever they feel the need? Where they drop their trousers, go to the bathroom on the sidewalk, and leave you walking through puddles of urine? I know I don't.

Just walk around it :thumbup

man i wish i was there with em, i didnt come home last night until like 3 somthing.. and also pissed outside except i did it infront of somebody's front lawn...

man the way i look at is, its DUI not that big of a deal everybody drives drunk i have like 3 friends who have DUI's and still drive drunk sh*t i almost got a DUI and they let me go, and i still drive under the influence...

all im sayin is the kid is 24 and he is rich and he was at mansion in bentley, like black judge in the simpisons would say "case is dismissed, on the acouunt BOYS will be BOYS."

this shouldnt even be a story by sunday mourning........

You sir are the most selfish and biggest moron ever. A drunk a**hole killed my cousin and you say its no big deal. Its people like you that make me sick to my stomach. I hope for someone else's case that you never drive drunk or your "boys" dont ever drive drunk. Its not your life you ruin, its the lives of everyone else you ruin.

As far as DTrain is concerned...there is no excuse for what he did. For the amount of money he makes he could easily take a cab home or have someone drive him.

Then how is he going to get his own car home then? Just leave it park there and hope no one steal it, plus also hope that you don't get annesia the next morning and forget where your car went when you leave home in the morning?

I've been all for giving DTrelle the benefit of the doubt and believing he will learn from his mistake. As I posted earlier, I wholeheartedly felt he was the same guy I thought he was and that he just made a big mistake that could have had serious or even fatal consequences.

Tonight I had a conversation with a family member who is a cop. He is not a Miami Beach cop but works for another municipality and said he heard from a friend in the MBPD that Dontrelle had displayed some seriously bad attitude. He said if not for the bad attitude he would have had an excellent chance of getting off with a warning and a ride home. He also heard it was not the first time he was out drinking and driving. Oh, he also said that Dontrelle's wife was not with him but that he did have female company. While I totally believe and trust the person who told me this, I want to make it clear that it was second hand information.

I really don't want to believe this but I have to admit the seed of doubt has been planted.

Then how is he going to get his own car home then? Just leave it park there and hope no one steal it, plus also hope that you don't get annesia the next morning and forget where your car went when you leave home in the morning?

If you are thinking that you might "forget where your car went" then you clearly have no business driving and endangering innocent people. Isn't that obvious?

He might get a ceremony on his first start, but you can't take Opening Day away from Dontrelle unless he does something on the field to warrant it. Opening Day is for your best pitcher.

Besides, Opening Day is away this year so Sanchez might just get lucky and pitch the home opener (I believe we only have a three game away series at Washington and then are back in Miami, plus the opening three will likely be Willis-JJ-Olsen).

I'm not so sure Willis will be the "ace" starting the year. ST will tell for sure. JJ was outpitching him for a good part of the year. And with a 3 game series away before the Home Opener Fredi just may arrange the rotation to coincide with that.

Happily married. And I am not so judgemental of other peoples way of life that I would even consider saying married men should not be out at SB at 4am. I also know that I can have a fun night out to all hours with friends and not be swayed from my beliefs by the combination of beautiful women, drinks, and the hour.

Did the article say DTrain had a few scantily clad women in his car? Did it even hint that he was out messing around on his new wife? Only if you read something between the lines that isn't there. What I got from everything I have read is the he is a night owl type person. Maybe he sleeps late into the day and is up most of the night. Maybe going out for him dosen't usually start until around midnight. I know of alot of people like that. DTrain can just better take advantage of that life style because he has months off at a time and the financial resources to accomodate it.

Your arguement is totally judgemental. Every word of it. Apparently you would not want to put yourself into that kind of atmosphere because you don't trust yourself or your wife in such a time and place. Or you have a very low opinion of other peoples morals and/or motives. The club scene is NOT only for singles, those that want to be single, and those that will be single again. That is your swayed and prejudicial view of it. It IS for people of all groups out to have some fun with other people. How they react to that scene is dependent on their moral values and what they want out of life. Not every guy or gal has a zipper that automatically goes down as the alcohol level goes up.

My point is that it not your place to judge others by your own set of values, beliefs, and weaknesses. If you want to believe that every man and woman is a potential cheating machine dependent on the circumstances then fine. I refuse to be so narrow minded, untrustworthy, and judgemental.

Besides, Opening Day is away this year so Sanchez might just get lucky and pitch the home opener (I believe we only have a three game away series at Washington and then are back in Miami, plus the opening three will likely be Willis-JJ-Olsen).I'm not so sure Willis will be the "ace" starting the year. ST will tell for sure. JJ was outpitching him for a good part of the year. And with a 3 game series away before the Home Opener Fredi just may arrange the rotation to coincide with that.You know what, I agree with you totally on that. The rotation I would go with is JJ-Willis-Sanchez-Olsen-Fifth guy (of which my pick would be either Petit or Mitre). However, being realistic, I think Fredi gives Trelle the ball on Opening Day based on seniority.

Happily married. And I am not so judgemental of other peoples way of life that I would even consider saying married men should not be out at SB at 4am. I also know that I can have a fun night out to all hours with friends and not be swayed from my beliefs by the combination of beautiful women, drinks, and the hour.

Did the article say DTrain had a few scantily clad women in his car? Did it even hint that he was out messing around on his new wife? Only if you read something between the lines that isn't there. What I got from everything I have read is the he is a night owl type person. Maybe he sleeps late into the day and is up most of the night. Maybe going out for him dosen't usually start until around midnight. I know of alot of people like that. DTrain can just better take advantage of that life style because he has months off at a time and the financial resources to accomodate it.

Your arguement is totally judgemental. Every word of it. Apparently you would not want to put yourself into that kind of atmosphere because you don't trust yourself or your wife in such a time and place. Or you have a very low opinion of other peoples morals and/or motives. The club scene is NOT only for singles, those that want to be single, and those that will be single again. That is your swayed and prejudicial view of it. It IS for people of all groups out to have some fun with other people. How they react to that scene is dependent on their moral values and what they want out of life. Not every guy or gal has a zipper that automatically goes down as the alcohol level goes up.

My point is that it not your place to judge others by your own set of values, beliefs, and weaknesses. If you want to believe that every man and woman is a potential cheating machine dependent on the circumstances then fine. I refuse to be so narrow minded, untrustworthy, and judgemental.

Bob, your point is well taken. I am not judging Dontrelle or you. Marriage is tough enough and there is no perfect path. If you found that hanging out at 4am partying with your spouse at home in bed works, then it works. For most people it would not and I think you can admit that much. As for myself, I would want to trust myself but sex is not murder and in the spur of the moment I bet I can find 100 reasons to go with what feels right over what is right. Now lets bring in alcohol which will simple telle me what I want to hear.

Men and woman ARE potential cheating machines. It has nothing to do with morals. It has everythng to do with human sexuality. A marriage certificate represents the lifestyle two people will strive to have. Again, it casts no magical spell...it simply casts some mostly invlisible guidlines two people agree to follow. At one point you may have kids and then again I will say your place is at home. The time between marriage and kids is a great time to start living the maried life and let all the single women mingle with, flirt with and have relationships with single men.

We will have to agree to disagree Bob. I just find it hard to believe that your wife goes to sleep alone feeling fine with you out until the morning partying. I have my doubts but if you say it's true so be it.