DTrain arrested in Miami Beach for DUI

uhh, i feel horrible

That should be the new :plain: emotion.

I seriously I am shocked Trelle did this. Last guy I would have expected.

Shocked that he did what? Go out and have some drinks on South Beach and get pinched for a DUI? You gotta be kiddin bro.

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If he got arrested for an armed robbery THEN I would be really shocked. DUI? Not shocked at all. It happens to doctors and lawyers and people just like us everywhere, every day.

He's smart, he refused the breath test (and most likely refused to do roadsides) and he won't spend another minute in jail. Even if he gets convicted (which he most likely won't), he'll do some community service time, pay a fine and go to some DUI classes.

Dontrelle will be fine, just like the thousands and thousands of other people who get arrested for DUI every month in America. He knows he screwed up and he's probably beatin himself up about it like you cant even imagine.

But he will move on and be fine.

I completely agree. Big freakin deal. Not to downplay the risks of drinking and driving, but here is the story: 24 year old millionaire athelete was arrested for suspected DUI on SBeach, because he REFUSED to take a breathylzer. Doesn't this happen once a week?? At least there isn't a video of him failing a jailhouse sobriety test like Stoyanovich. The only thing that shocks me about this story is that D-Train drives a Bentley. I know he made a few million through arbitration last year, and he is set to make oodles more, but a Bentley is a big-time car. He was probably driving a Civic before it...quite a step up.

Does anyone pay attention to college or professional football these days? Those guys get arrested (and convicted) for drugs, theft, gun possession, assault and battery, taking money from agents (legal...although completely unethical), etc., and they are still worshipped and revered. See the Cincinnati Bengals. D-Train will probably double his community service time because of this, which was already substantial. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for him and Cabs, and they we will both be better for it. Here is the silver lining. Unlike a majority of athletes these days that get into trouble, I have a feeling D-Train will actually turn this into a positive for the team, himself, and the community. Anyway, JMHO.

Could be the police officer was prejudiced? In my work, I've spoken at length in casual conversations with police and deputies. Overall, they're just like you and me. But I have met a couple who were blatantly prejudiced. They'd love to arrest Dontrelle, but they'd let any white pitcher go with a warning. This does apply to just 2 of the 40 or so policemen and women that I've known.

Guest marlins02

he f***ed up, he aint the Messiah like some like to portray him as. but lets not go to the other extreme of feeling "horribly for his young fans". im sure he cant believe it himself and will do whatever he needs to to make up for it.

also for everyone wanting to know why he's on South Beach by himself at 4 AM 2 weeks after he got married... he's a 24 year old rich athlete, it aint pleasant to think about and im not saying every rich athlete cheats or even that he was, but please lets not be surprised about that if that is indeed the case.

Could be the police officer was prejudiced? In my work, I've spoken at length in casual conversations with police and deputies. Overall, they're just like you and me. But I have met a couple who were blatantly prejudiced. They'd love to arrest Dontrelle, but they'd let any white pitcher go with a warning. This does apply to just 2 of the 40 or so policemen and women that I've known.

oh please. there is no indication that there was prejudice.

If Dontrelle refused to take the test, the right thing for the police officer to do was to arrest him. There shouldn't be a double standard

I'm shocked for the simple reason that when Dontrelle used to go into the TGI Friday's that my sister worked at in Miami, she said when she served him he always ordered lemonade. He never ordered alcohol... So this seems random. But hey, people are human. This will hurt him in trying to get some endorsements, though.

evan cohen of espn 760 (who hates dontrelle) thinks that his market value just went way down and that the squeaky clean image he puts on is a bit fake at the start of the show. he also beleives that this was a what goes around comes around sencario for the marlins as they have treated giradi like dirt before getting rid of him.

but he's right on one thing, prehaps he shouldn't be on boys and girls club ads for a while becuase of the dui. you don't do that.

I'm shocked for the simple reason that when Dontrelle used to go into the TGI Friday's that my sister worked at in Miami, she said when she served him he always ordered lemonade. He never ordered alcohol... So this seems random. But hey, people are human. This will hurt him in trying to get some endorsements, though.

Shocked yet have his mug shot as your avatar? Interesting....

:|

evan cohen of espn 760 (who hates dontrelle) thinks that his market value just went way down and that the squeaky clean image he puts on is a bit fake at the start of the show. he also beleives that this was a what goes around comes around sencario for the marlins as they have treated giradi like dirt before getting rid of him.

but he's right on one thing, prehaps he shouldn't be on boys and girls club ads for a while becuase of the dui. you don't do that.

And when does the opinion of evan cohen counts? hates Dontrelle? that's the first time I hear such a thing.

Shocked yet have his mug shot as your avatar? Interesting....

:|

Is that not allowed?

I must say that I was disappointed and still am a bit disappointed by this news. But then I sat back and started thinking about all of the stupid stuff I used to do just a few years ago when I was 24 and you realize that even some one that is so liked and seems so clean can make mistakes. Dontrelle messed up and I'm sure that after he fully sobers up and starts to think about it, he's going to realize how stupid he was for doing so. And yet, this could still be good for him because he can use this experience to teach young people the dangers of drinking and driving. I think some one as big of a role model as D-Train can tell people "look I messed up, I made a mistake and I don't want you to make the same mistake that I made".

That's just me.

You have got to be kidding me.

yeah, seriously. people aren't racist anymore. that's SO 1800's.

yeah, seriously. people aren't racist anymore. that's SO 1800's.

Yep, D-Train did nothing wrong. Forget the fact that he could not even maintain his balance while standing and refused the field sobriety test, the REAL reason he was arrested was because he was black!

You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's possible. The country has come a long way in overcoming prejudice, but it still exists. One deputy I've spoken at length with is an ex-MLB player, and he's the one who happens to be openly blatantly jaw-dropping prejudiced. He has specifically stated to me that he'd love to arrest Dontrelle. I'm not making this stuff up..... you couldn't make it up. It's shocking. But, thankfully IMO this deputy(he's actually now a detective) is one very rotten apple in a good bunch. The son of a cop is right in saying that most officer's would use thir discretion and call up Dontrelle's wife to come pick him up.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think it's possible. The country has come a long way in overcoming prejudice, but it still exists. One deputy I've spoken at length with is an ex-MLB player, and he's the one who happens to be openly blatantly jaw-dropping prejudiced. He has specifically stated to me that he'd love to arrest Dontrelle. I'm not making this stuff up..... you couldn't make it up. It's shocking. But, thankfully IMO this deputy(he's actually now a detective) is one very rotten apple in a good bunch. The son of a cop is right in saying that most officer's would use thir discretion and call up Dontrelle's wife to come pick him up.

hmm. They wouldn't be calling the wife of the average Joe in the same situation . no need to play the race card on this, and I hope Dontrelle accept the blame and move on

man i wish i was there with em, i didnt come home last night until like 3 somthing.. and also pissed outside except i did it infront of somebody's front lawn...

man the way i look at is, its DUI not that big of a deal everybody drives drunk i have like 3 friends who have DUI's and still drive drunk sh*t i almost got a DUI and they let me go, and i still drive under the influence...

all im sayin is the kid is 24 and he is rich and he was at mansion in bentley, like black judge in the simpisons would say "case is dismissed, on the acouunt BOYS will be BOYS."

this shouldnt even be a story by sunday mourning........

Wow, you have a bright future ahead of you. :thumbdown

I can't believe Dontrelle could be such an idiot. What, you can't afford a taxi cab ride home with your $4.5 million dollars you made this season?

If you want to go out and get sh*t faced drunk that's fine by me, but don't f***ing drive home while doing it. Dontrelle is LUCKY that he was pulled over and arrested, if he was allowed to drive home he could have killed someone.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Dontrelle should be given the benefit of the doubt, for now. He hasn't done anything wrong in the law's eyes. But if this is prosecuted he should be given the punishment anyone else is and should be suspended accordingly. I love Dontrelle, but driving drunk is among the stupidest, selfish, and excessively prideful things you could do. Get a cab. Have a friend drive you home. I don't care. You're putting people who don't even know you at risk because you were too selfish or had too much pride to be a man and have someone else drive you. You could kill yourself or someone else, and then you know what? It's not so cute anymore.

He's innocent until proven guilty, but I hope if guilty the hammer comes down. Drunk drivers, famous or not, should be punished harshly.