Cleo Lemon to Start Week 17

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

According to a report from a Miami area newspaper, Joey Harrington has lost his job as the Dolphins? starting quarterback.

A story in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel cited a source close to the team who confirmed that Harrington will be the backup for Sunday?s season finale in Indianapolis and in his place, Cleo Lemon will get the start.

Oddsmakers did not adjust the pointspread or total in light of the quarterback change. Miami remains a 9-point underdog to the Colts and the over/under holds steady at 41 ?.

Lemon, a third-year pro out of Arkansas State, took the reigns of the Dolphins offense in the second half of last week?s game against the New York Jets after Harrington completed fewer than 50 percent of his passes and failed to engineer a scoring drive.

Although Lemon?s NFL experience was nil two weeks ago, he performed well in a relief role each of the Dolphins? last two games after Harrington struggled. When head coach Nick Saban put Lemon in the game to start the second half against the Jets, the 27-year-old managed to complete 11 of his 16 passes, including a touchdown strike to Randy McMichael that capped off a 76-yard drive in the fourth quarter.

For the season, Lemon has completed 62.5 percent of his passes and has not thrown an interception. He has a quarterback rating of 90.9.

Harrington goes into Week 17 with a completion percentage of 57.5, including 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 57.5.

Marcus Vick will almost definitely getting a couple snaps in that game.

i don't think vick will see any time at QB...he finally got snaps at WR on Monday night and i think that is what the Dolphins see him as....the fins will have Lemon start with Joey as back-up and Matthews as the third QB...i can see Vick get some more reps out at WR to see if he is worth keeping around..

I see Sunday's game as an open audition for players who haven't gotten many snaps this year.....