*JUST RELEASED* Leaked cell phone video of Saddam's hanging

Accord

Yeah, it is too bad that he didn't suffer. Dying from chemical weapon exposure was much worse for the Kurds that he killed.

I think it has something to do with the fact that we're not scum like him and when we execute we're supposed to do it in a sort of humane way and limit the excruciating pain. That's what seperates us from him. Even if he's the worst dude in the world, if we line up every marine in our armed forces with a "grudge" against Saddam to pound him in the ass until he submits and break him so he faces cruel and unusual punishment, how are we any better than he is?

It's the fundamental principle of perception. If we did that, some people might like it, but the rest of the world is going to be disgusted and we look bad.

I think it has something to do with the fact that we're not scum like him and when we execute we're supposed to do it in a sort of humane way and limit the excruciating pain. That's what seperates us from him. Even if he's the worst dude in the world, if we line up every marine in our armed forces with a "grudge" against Saddam to pound him in the ass until he submits and break him so he faces cruel and unusual punishment, how are we any better than he is?

You're forgetting something.

We didn't execute him, the Iraqi's did.

Plus, if we were to just chop Saddam's head off while he's alive, then we have no reason to be disgusted with Al Quaida for chopping that US serviceman's head off. I mean, it's an acceptable form of punishment, and clearly they're at war with the United States.

If we were to do it, how could we morally be disgusted when other groups do it to us?

Yeah, it is too bad that he didn't suffer. Dying from chemical weapon exposure was much worse for the Kurds that he killed.

It's the fundamental principle of perception. If we did that, some people might like it, but the rest of the world is going to be disgusted and we look bad.

We didn't execute him, the Iraqi's did.

Yeah, we didn't help with that at all. :rolleyes:

If they were really in charge then we'd have videos of Saddam getting shot in the streets and people dancing on his corpse.

if you enjoy watching it, you are as sick as he is

He's evil, and I'm glad he's dead (even though death at human hands are always wrong except in cases of self defense), but I closed the video before they actually hanged him...I don't ever want to watch someone die, no matter who they are

I find a mild bit of absurdity in the fact that people on this board are appalled that Saddam did not suffer more and yet are also appalled over the prospect that his dog might have been executed as well.

His dog didn't commit genocide and try to exterminate an entire ethnic group by way of chemical weapons.

Yes, but I still would place greater value on a human life rather than an animal life, no matter what the human has done. Animals are for the most part innocent creatures, but they can easily become expendable. Hell, the human race thrives and depends upon the expendibility of those things.

Sure, I believe a lot of what Saddam did was wrong but it is quickly becoming apparent that Americans are becoming far too self-righteous when it comes to their global position.

Saddam was a disgrace to mankind. You guys see the video and get emotional because you just watched a man die so you're against it and don't like it, but you need to put things into perspective. That man single handedly murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent people, he deserved to die.

if you enjoy watching it, you are as sick as he is

He's evil, and I'm glad he's dead (even though death at human hands are always wrong except in cases of self defense), but I closed the video before they actually hanged him...I don't ever want to watch someone die, no matter who they are

I guess i'm sick then. Except I like watching bad guys die, not the other way around.

I laugh everytime I see that video of the terrorist in Afghanistan who is standing on top of a building with an RPG and he gets shot in the head and then does a front flip off a building like a rag doll - it's hilarious, i'm laughing just thinking about it. Watching bad guys get what's coming to them is good times.

And speaking of things that I think are funny which most people do not... when the Titanic first hit the theatres, when the ship was vertical in the water and sinking, some guy loses his grip and falls, then hits the prop and does like a perfect 720 into the water. I let out one loud "HA!......." Then stopped in mid-laugh as soon as I realized everyone around me was crying, including my date.

That relationship didn't go very far.

I'm not emotional about it at all. I've seen more dead people/animals, killed more things than you have, Accord (albeit respectfully and professionally with no malicious feelings and intents).

Ideologically, I disagree with making a human being suffer no matter what he has done. And please note that I wasn't debating over the issue of whether or not he should have been executed period, so don't spin it that way.

I bet Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than you :mischief2

While I place way more value on that dog's life than Saddam's, I think it took this whole incident to realize just how anti-capital punishment I am. I derive no pleasure from the news of Saddam's hanging, nor do I think he should have been made to suffer more.

And in any case, I would think the worst part is just the knowledge that you're about to die and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. Well, unless you go out like William Wallace. Then I suppose the worst part would be the actual dying.

I laugh everytime I see that video of the terrorist in Afghanistan who is standing on top of a building with an RPG and he gets shot in the head and then does a front flip off a building like a rag doll - it's hilarious, i'm laughing just thinking about it. Watching bad guys get what's coming to them is good times.

And speaking of things that I think are funny which most people do not... when the Titanic first hit the theatres, when the ship was vertical in the water and sinking, some guy loses his grip and falls, then hits the prop and does like a perfect 720 into the water. I let out one loud "HA!......." Then stopped in mid-laugh as soon as I realized everyone around me was crying, including my date.

This entire quote made me LOL.

Dude, you're crackin'.

BURN IN HELL!!!

They should've place a big pic GWB in front of him, just to remind him who brought him there :mischief

And Reagen. He's the one who armed Saddam and made him a "threat" in the first place.

Granted, they're probably chilling in the afterlife, smoking cigars and playing poker right now.

This entire quote made me LOL.

Dude, you're crackin'.

Speaking of movies, you're going to love this one. So myself and about 3 other recruits were watching the movie Rules of Engagement the other day and at the opening scene where they open fire on all of the civilians (which later turn out to be terrorists)... at the end of the scene, when the camara is panning over all of the dead bodies, there was a lone baby sitting among them, crying.

So my friend yells out:

"Ya missed one!"

We couldn't stop laughing for the next 24 hours. It was so wrong, but so funny :lol .

Lol, accord has clashed with some of the board's solid conservatives of late. I'm pretty sure even Rush Limbaugh thinks he's too much of a nut.

LOL!!!!!!111one :|

It's funny how i'm constantly made fun of and insulted for being "too conservative" yet nobody says jack to the commie pinko's on here who want to negotiate with Al Qaeda and other absurd garbage like that.

I am speechless at this thread.

That was my first reaction. I don't understand all the :notworthy at watching a man die, and then all the "he didn't suffer enough". Taking so much pleasure in watching someone die and then being dissapointed his death wasn't brutal enough is just an absurd thing for someone who lives in the modern era to say.

When someone gets the death penalty, the most painful part is knowing it's going to happen and there's nothing you can do about it. What Saddam did was evil beyond belief, but the objective here was just to get rid of him and remove any fear Iraqis have of him somehow getting back in power. There's no justice we can do upon Saddam to make up for what he did.

I agree completely with the death penalty and killing Saddam, but I think we could've given him a more dignified death instead of allowing the new Iraqi justice system to try to stoop to Saddam's level.