FanFest 2007

Guest markotsay7

u sure are

ima try my best to make it that day. would be nice to go to this.

We never miss it. We aren't autograph hounds but this event gets the baseball juices flowing for ST. With the VIP passes that come with the season tickets it makes for an interesting day. Besides, this year we have a new car and we have to teach it the way to Joe Robbie. The last one was trying to head south all by itself as soon as we hit the toll booth to get on the turnpike. LOL

lmao Bronco

would be my first time going if i do end up going. im not a season ticket holder so no VIP access for me, but would it be a hard time getting autographs there? just looking to check out whats going on and if i can get some autographs then thats bonus. would be there more so to just have baseball back in the air after a couple months off thats been a pain for me.

lmao Bronco

would be my first time going if i do end up going. im not a season ticket holder so no VIP access for me, but would it be a hard time getting autographs there? just looking to check out whats going on and if i can get some autographs then thats bonus. would be there more so to just have baseball back in the air after a couple months off thats been a pain for me.

They have scheduled signings but those lines are pretty long. I have seen people hang around down near the club house waiting for players that are making their rounds. That seems to work pretty well. But you would have to ask those here that collect autographs on the specifics. Personally I go for the party. LOL It's a great time to see old friends, soak in some baseball fever, and get prepped for ST. Normally they have a pretty good card show on the 200 level as well.

FanFest used to be a 2 day event. All kinds of things going on. Even had the trailor there with the guys showing how balls and bats are made. Back then there would be tons of people there because it was the first chance to buy single game tickets. Before buying them on line was the thing to do. The ticket line could be like a 2 hour wait on the first day. John Henry used to greet people at the gate.

A couple years ago they had the VIP Q&A in one of the locker rooms. The place was packed so I went up near the front to the side and sat in a locker. Loria came in and sat in the locker next to me. We talked the whole time. And when the players and coaches filed out they had to go right past me so natch I shook hands with all of them. Right place at the right time.

If you are lucky you can catch someone leaving and ask them for their VIP pass. Probably miss the Q&A sessions but it gets you into other areas of interest.

• 3 weeks later...

MARLINS FANFEST 2007

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2007

10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., DOLPHIN STADIUM

(GATES AND ACTIVITIES OPEN AT 9:30 a.m.)

* There will be a $5.00 charge for parking which can be applied as a credit towards the purchase of tickets that day only. All other money will be donated to the Marlins Community Foundation.

Don't miss out on Marlins FanFest 2007! Come early and enjoy the activities for Marlins fans of all ages on Saturday, February 10 because You Gotta Here!

FANFEST ACTIVITIES:

-Single game tickets go on sale for the 2007 season at the new Gate G ticket windows (Single game tickets will also be available on floridamarlins.com at 10 a.m.)

-Select-a-seat, which allows fans to pick out and lock in their favorite seats for the season. Account executives will be located outside of Section 149

-Autograph sessions with Marlins players and coaches at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., Noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m.. A limited number of passes will be distributed at Marlins Fan Headquarters at Section 149 thirty minutes prior to each autograph session.

-Photograph sessions with various Marlins players, Mermaids, and Billy The Marlin outside of Section 130 throughout the day

-Interactive areas and activities for all ages on the field including bounce houses, a Little Sluggers' Zone, a Steal Home Challenge, a Big League Speed Pitch, and more

-A Marlins World Champion Exhibit including both World Series trophies and memorabilia from the 1997 and 2003 World Series

-Tours of the Marlins Clubhouse

-Marlins Townhall Meetings with Marlins players, coaches, and executives in which fans get to ask the questions

-Live musical entertainment at Gate H on the plaza level and on the field (various times)

-Live broadcasts from the Marlins' flagship radio stations, 560 WQAM at the Gate F Bar and WQBA 1140 at the Gate H Bar

-Brand new 2007 Marlins Merchandise at the Sea Trader Team Store at Section 143

-Major League Baseball Advanced Media interactive booth featuring floridamarlins.com

AND FOR V.I.P.s/SEASON TICKET HOLDERS:

-Exclusive VIP Tours of the Press box

-The chance to take Batting Practice in the Marlins Batting Cages

-Exclusive Townhall Meetings under extended concourse at Gate G with Marlins players, coaches, and executives at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

-Free parking

Source: FloridaMarlins.com

The Marlins do a good job with Fan Fest. I got there early last year and met Dontrelle within 15 mins. of arriving, so I plan on getting there once it opens. Admission is still free, right? The only charges are for parking?

Yea, admission is free and parking is 5 bucks. But if you buy tickets to a regular season game those 5 bucks counts towards the ticket...

I wonder if they're doing the Marlins Caravan this year with different stops around the county the week leading up to fanfest.

I always looked forward to that, but I haven't heard anything about it yet this year.

Yea they are. I believe the schedule is on the web site. Along with other events in the week leading up to FanFest.

The Marlins do a good job with Fan Fest. I got there early last year and met Dontrelle within 15 mins. of arriving, so I plan on getting there once it opens. Admission is still free, right? The only charges are for parking?

Yea, admission is free and parking is 5 bucks. But if you buy tickets to a regular season game those 5 bucks counts towards the ticket...

And if you don't buy tickets to a game then that $5 goes to the Community Foundation. It dosen't line Wayne's pockets. A plus, IMO.

Of course if you are a season ticket holder then you get the VIP pass and free parking.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.