Dolphins Coaching Candidates

Fishfan79

alot is going to depend on whether Marty gets canned in San Diego which has been rumored.....going to be intresting...but Mora and Gailey were interviewed for a second time on Sunday and reports state that Brian was coming in on Monday for a second interview....

could we see a Marty (HC), Brian (OC/AHC) type thing or will Brian just be HC/OC??? with Capers locked up you can bank on an offensive coach...with Wisenhunt gone....leaves very few possibilities...im not a fan of mora or gailey for what it is worth

We are going to interview Schottenheimer's kid that is with the jets.

http://www.nj.com/jets/ledger/index.ssf?/b....xml&coll=1

Not thrilled of the choice, his 25th ranked offense didnt impress me that much.

Schottenheimer pulled his name from consideration today

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2732215

Mike Tice time!

actually cbs states he is still in consideration sorta conflicting there and tice was never interviewed

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Not too thrilled with the choices. I really think Mora might turn out to be pretty good, but Gailey isn't anything special. He's not even that good of a college coach.

I like Cam Cameron. If Marty gets fired, we need to hire him.

I really want nothing to do with Schottenheimer. Not because I think he is a bad coach per se, but because his teams are so boring to watch I want to pull my hair out. (Except this year, when he had no input in the play calling)

Are losers like Gailey, Shula, and Mora the best we can get??

What about Dennis Green?

Nothing says "winner" like Dennis Green.

I know, he's not a good option either, but I feel like he's at least better than Chan "Run Up the Middle Every Play" Gailey, Mike "Couldn't Hold His Father's Jockstrap" Shula, and Jim Mora.

Right now our best option would be to get Bill Cowher out of retirement. I don't want Marty Schottenheimer either, just because he continues to prove that he can't win in the playoffs, no matter how good his team is. I doubt he could win a playoff game if he were coaching the '72 Dolphins.

here is the crack pot theory for the day

SHULA THE SEATHOLDER FOR COACH CHIN?

A reader has floated an intriguing theory regarding the possible motivations for the Dolphins' decision to secretly interview former Alabama coach Mike Shula for the head-coaching job in Miami.

At a time when some assume that a guy like Georgia Tech coach Chan Gailey would be hired to keep the seat warm for Bill Cowher, maybe Shula is the guy who would serve as the head coach until Cowher comes to town.

Then, Shula would move to offensive coordinator or quarterbacks coach and further refine his skills under Cowher. Or, alternatively, Shula would transition to a front-office or executive-level position, where he would be working with his good friend, team president Bryan Wiedmeier.

In the short term, the Fins would likely sell plenty of tickets and re-energize a fan base still reeling from the rise and fall of the Nicktator. If/when Cowher comes aboard, no one would complain.

It's all speculation, but it would help to explain why the pursuit of Shula has been guarded so closely by the team.

Meanwhile, we've been tipped off to the existence of yet another plane with the "WH" initials at the conclusion of the tail number. Though we don't know for sure that it's a Huizenga-owned plane or whether it's being used in connection with the search for a new coach, it has been in Denver since Friday -- and it currently is on it's way back to Ft. Lauderdale.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The dolphins should just try and get someone new as HC. Why would they want Tice or Gailey who have already failed. If i were the dolphins I would go after a coordinator instead of someone with HC experience. I believe Sean Payton and Eric Mangini, two candiates for coach of the year, had no prior head coaching experience.