Congrats to N.D.

Fishfan79

Weis has to be the most overrated coach in college football right now.

He's won ONE game that he probably should not have won in his two year career at Notre Dame. The Michigan game last year. That's it. I'd love for someone to find another big time quality win the school has had since he's been hired.

and the money keeps flowing - they draw well and are a name school, they will generate hype and get ranked where they shouldn't - then they will get to these big bowl games and collect huge paychecks to be completely overmatched - which can be used to generate more hype

He's won ONE game that he probably should not have won in his two year career at Notre Dame. The Michigan game last year. That's it. I'd love for someone to find another big time quality win the school has had since he's been hired.

Michigan sucked last year though...they had their worst team in years and didn't even finish the season ranked...so i wouldn't consider that a quality win

In his two years, he has yet to beat a team that finished the season in the top 25

as i said, notre dame is living in the past. i, as a tiger fan thought that game was going to be closer that it was. we ended up turning the game out of boredom, and getting spanked like that isn't a good quality bcs team.

name and tradition is all they have, but at least they aren't totally delusional like some schools...ie alabama.

The best game that Weis and Notre Dame has played so far has been a loss to USC. Brady Quinn looked horrible last night, I wonder if Jamarcus Russell just jumped him in the NFL draft because of last night.

Every N.D. fan that is a realist knew we were gonna get spanked last night.....

As for Weis overrated... yea right, He has 20 wins in 2 seasons with a horrible defence and a ok offence....

Trust me the reason they have won 20 games in two seasons is because of his coaching...

yea they beat the crap out of good teams but there not ready to play with the elite teams yet.... i personaly thought it was a crime to put them up against the Tigers...

But coach Weis is doing a great job getting the program moving in the right direction, his last 2 draft classes have been awesome, especially this years getting Clausen the #1 QB in the nation....

Its gonna take a couple of years but N.D. will be back to the elite, Coach Weis is getting the recruits we need to beat the elite teams, we are gonna get better and better every season, I just hate that the media puts them in such a hole building them up making people think there gonna win the championship when clearly they can't with the team they have, especially they defence, the secondary is just horrible, and its the same from last season so i dont know why the media thought they would improve so much over the summer..... Am very happy with this season, every N.D. fan should be... I just hate that it ended this bad but we should have never been put up against LSU... I mean we were ranked 11th... we should have been put up against someone more our level not a team as strong as LSU...

As for Brady Quinn, the guy is awesome, don't judge him by the last 2 games, he's the real deal its just he has limited weapons... our WR"S are ok at best, again the media built up Samarja and McNight way to much.... Quinn will be a great NFL QB....

Brady Quinn is the next Ryan Leaf. Russell looks 100 times better than him.

I said something very similar to this. Except I compared him to another ND alum, Rick Mirer.

My thoughts:

I don't see stellar field vision, great accuracy, or even an impressive arm. He MAY make a serviceable QB in the NFL, but I’m going out on a limb here and predicting that he isn’t the second coming of Joe Montana.

I think he is a high profile QB that will not meet expectations. I'll go ahead and say he'll be lucky to be Eli Manning [who I think was similarly overrated]. He's probably more likely to be the next Rick Mirer.

were beaten down here.