Dolphins draft list

Fishfan79

Since we are out of the playoffs and really in limbo right now for a coach as well. I figured a short list of some of the top prospects coming out that we might want to take a look at. It would be interesting to see where we go as this draft is stacked with talented players. For miami really there is openings all over the field. If we keep the 3-4 system on defense there is really only 3 positions on the team there is no need for. Defensive End, Running back and Right Tackle we are set pretty well. Our Center and Right Guard played good (once shelton was switched to there). Left Guard and Left Tackle can use an upgrade but it is doubtul there will be talent there in the 1st round at the 9th pick that will be useful for us. Here is a list of players I think could be useful for us. Please give your thoughts.

1. Calvin Johnson WR - Best player in the draft, most likely will be long gone by the 9th pick but he is a WR that can do it all. Think of a T.O. Body but with a good attitude

2. Joe Thomas LT - Big time left tackle, absolute stud that would of been a top 10 pick last year. But, had an acl tear and went back to college. He was amazing this year and had a big time bowl game too. Gets comparison to an Ogden

3. Gaines Adams DE/OLB - A complete player that can play a DE in a 4-3 and a 3-4 OLB. He is much like a JT that is huge and strong. He is a monster and our line would be sick with OLB Adams, DE Kevin Carter, NT Vickerson/Wright/Evans/traylor, DE Bowens, OLB Jason Taylor. That could be the best front 5 in the NFL. Like Jason Taylor

4. Brian Brohm QB - Brohm is my favorite of the top Qbs. He seems to be filled out for all of the tools needed. Where Russell has the most potential and some would say Quinn is the most ready Brohm is right in the middle. He is said to have a big arm and more potential then Quinn yet he has better accuracy and ran a pro-style offense. - Reminds me alot of a Drew Brees type

5. Jamal Anderson DE/OLB - A junior that declared that is huge in size but a fast kid. He has the potential to play a DE or an OLB in the 3-4 defense. He will be a defensive stud as well. He is perhaps the best defensive player in teh draft with Adams. Think of a Kearse type.

6. Brady Quinn QB - Played in the most pro-style offense and with the coach of "brady". He has alot of hype coming out of ND and has had problems with big games though. He has a good arm and accuracy. Supposedly he will be a solid QB in the NFL. Reminds me of a Matt Hasselback when I see him play

7. Jamarcus Russell QB - He is the most raw big talent in the draft. Most likely the number 1 pick in the draft. He can throw the ball from his knees from endzone to endzone. He has speed, size, he has it all. He is pretty much a clone of a young Culpepper with a better decision making to a degree

8. Dwayne Jarrett WR - 6'5 WR that runs a 4.4-4.5. He has the Record in the Pac 10 for TD catches. HE can go across the middle, he can streak the sideline, he can do it all. He is a complete WR, reminds me alot of an Andre Johnson type

9. Patrick Willis LB - Willis gets less hype then alot of players but he can play any position in the Linebacker core. Coming from Old Miss he is a hell of a talet at Linebacker and could be a great pick up. A good replacement for Zach when he is gone. But he is great against the run, good size and speed. He has good instincts and can cover well. Really little to fault with Willis.

10. Teddy Ginn Jr WR/KR/PR - Welker is a FA and we need a KR/PR if he goes away (he was 19th and 25th btw in the league in those areas). But Ginn is a top flight Wide Reciever that can stretch the field more then any other WR in this draft. Miami has not had a really good speed WR since the Sprinter Mark Duper retired. Ginn could be a playmaker for the dolphins for years to come. Even better they could most likely trade back and get him still. Booker is likely to be cut for cap numbers and Welker is a FA which will make him a bonus. He is a cross between a Lee Evans and a Devin Hester.

Any thoughts dolphins fans and fans of the NFL teams? Whom each of you like? If you wish any other players I will try tell what I know of each of them. Just targeted any of these 10 guys for great pick ups for Miami.

Im high on Brian Brohm and I hope thats who the Dolphins take.

me too I am higher then most on brohm. I noticed Espn has now started to talk of jamaal anderson as the top defensive guy. I hope that makes gaines adams fall to us :) I love anderson and would campaign for him but Gaines Adams scares me how good he is.

Brohm or one of those two will be good.

well johnson, thomas, quinn, russell, and most likely adams won't be there

i don't personally like ginn - right now he's just a fast guy who has no idea how to run a route. granted it's not difficult to teach route running techniques to a gifted athlete like but it's going to be awhile before he contributes as a wr, though you can use him as a punt returner now. jarrett, imo, is a much more complete wr and is more nfl ready as well. he'd be a heck of a pickup for the dolphins.

brohm is probably the best qb in the draft this year, and patrick willis is a stud (i wish he would fall to buffalo as a replacement for london fletcher but it's not gonna happen). if i'm the dolphins and one of those two is available i grab them.

I know it hasn't really worked out in the past 20 years, but I don't think we need to draft a QB--not this early at least. Dante is still in his prime, and with all this time to heal he should be back healthy.

It's painfully obvious that Chambers isn't the stud we thought he was, so I think it's imperative we draft a wide receiver with our first pick. That being said, Jarrett seems like the most sensible choice. Calvin Johnson will be gone by then, and I personally think Jarrett might even be gone--but if he's not, I want!

Amobi Okoye Louisville He is 19 years old and could be a future NT for the team. He is an amazingly smart man as he already graduated college, and played 4 years of college ball. Definitely someone to look into since he declared for the draft.

I would not mind him as out NT if we keep the 3-4 system which I assume we shall.

Brohm is returning to school, but Colt Brennan is declaring ... for now. Also surprised you left Posz off the LB list. If the Dolphins stay in a 3-4, he'd be perfect. He could play inside or outside and is a very smart player.

I'd like to see the Giants pick up some secondary help (perhaps the kid from Fresno) or a DT. How far do you see Pitcock falling after the National Championship game?

Leon Hall doesn't impress me, too slow for CB in the pros.

Also, where do you see Garrett Wolfe going? I'd like to see the giants take a flier on him as a 3rd down/scat back to compliment Brandon Jacobs.

Brohm is returning to school, but Colt Brennan is declaring ... for now. Also surprised you left Posz off the LB list. If the Dolphins stay in a 3-4, he'd be perfect. He could play inside or outside and is a very smart player.

yep did that before brohm decided to return to school Colt should be there in the 2nd or 3rd rounds where Drew Stanton will be as well.

Posz isnt a good fit for the 3-4 defense, he would be a better 4-3 LB then a 3-4 LB in the NFL. Willis is a much more talented and better fit then Posz.

I'd like to see the Giants pick up some secondary help (perhaps the kid from Fresno) or a DT. How far do you see Pitcock falling after the National Championship game?

I think there should be alot of CBs in the later part of the round or 2nd round there to pick up like McCauley and all that are good but not great. I think Pitcock could fall down to there but a DT will always rise. Alot of the mock boards have already jumped Okoye upwards from many of the "draft nicks" seemed to have him as a 2nd to 3rd round pick to a 1st and I see some mocks with him top 10 already. I think the giants could get a solid CB in the 1st or 2nd round easily in this draft. Demarcus Tyler would be another about there that might be interesting.

Leon Hall doesn't impress me, too slow for CB in the pros.

I think he is too small 5'10" and not that fast either. I think he is a little bit over-rated he is a solid number 2 corner but he isnt a top flight cornerback and he doesnt have the potential to grow up.

Also, where do you see Garrett Wolfe going? I'd like to see the giants take a flier on him as a 3rd down/scat back to compliment Brandon Jacobs.

He could be there in the 3rd, this is not a great draft for running backs at all. There is Peterson, Lynch and then a drop off to Irons and after that it is pretty later on dude. I think Wolfe might be there. I personally would love to see the giants get Turner from SD.

I think the giants can get healthy and a few good pick ups in the draft they will be the best team in the division easily. But unless they somehow get peterson they will miss the loss of tikki alot.

I see Posz as a Mike Vrabel type LB. IMO one of the safer picks in the draft -- not a star but a very solid player for a while. Can play inside or out, sure tackler, and is ok in coverage.

And I'm not sure how competitive the Giants will be next year, losing Tiki burts bad and there will be even more pressure on Eli to step up. I see next season as a rebuilding year.

I see Posz as a Mike Vrabel type LB. IMO one of the safer picks in the draft -- not a star but a very solid player for a while. Can play inside or out, sure tackler, and is ok in coverage.

And I'm not sure how competitive the Giants will be next year, losing Tiki burts bad and there will be even more pressure on Eli to step up. I see next season as a rebuilding year.

I think Posz will be a good player too and a safe pick also. Linebackers are traditionally pretty safe picks compared to many other positions. I think Willis is just alot better then him pure talent wise. But I think Posz will go between 15-30 range. He could be sitting there when your giants pick actually dude.

I still dont thinkyou guys will go rebuilding though because coughlin knows it is next year or it. He needs to produce big time, with a new GM in there he might want to make a big impact too as well.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Scott wright has you guys getting Revis. He is a solid CB, not a personal favotire because he was coached by Dave Wannstache at Pitt. But he is a solid talent of a player.

I am not a big fan of his draft, I think it has to be a joke where he has colt brennan going.

I do think the giants are in a good position to do well.

The giants Defense was doing great up untill Arrington got hurt and then Strahan. Next year maybe the Defense can carry the load. Jacobs will eventually get the hang of being an every down back with his size and speed he could put up Tiki like numbers.